Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, but having Tony Newton as your bass player might land you even bigger support act slots.

In fairness, KK Downing himself carries enough clout to get some support slots. No doubt the practicalities of Tony Newton being Steve's mate are what fuelled this rumour but if it came to pass it wouldn't really be as bad a case of nepotism as any other of the suspect support bands Maiden have had.

In fairness, KK Downing himself carries enough clout to get some support slots. No doubt the practicalities of Tony Newton being Steve's mate are what fuelled this rumour but if it came to pass it wouldn't really be as bad a case of nepotism as any other of the suspect support bands Maiden have had.

I would argue that KK Downing has a long pedigree, but his comments about Maiden in recent times have not been too positive and Rod is known for bearing a grudge...

I can imagine the conversation between Rod and Steve preparing this rumoured tour:

Rod: "Shall I book your George's band as the support act?"
Steve: "Well, Tony has a new band, so I thought we could 'ave them on tour with us. It would be cheap"
Rod: "OK, What's the name of the band?"
Steve: "KK's Priest"
Rod: "KK's Priest , with KK bloody Downing???"
Steve: "Yes"
Rod: "Oh, we are not bloody having KK on the tour. I can still bloody remember when they nearly kicked us off the 1982 tour because we were selling more T-shirts than them and they could not handle it"
Steve: "Tony's my footie mate and 'is band would be opening for us" (repeat x48)
Rod: "OK, that would be bloody all right"

Joking aside, if the rumour turns into a real tour, it would be an opening act I would be really looking forward to see. The most interesting they've had (at least at the shows I've been to) since Gamma Ray in 2003.

Oh my god, you guys are putting so much meaning into a sentence said 36 years ago during a party...

I cannot believe what kind of a petty topic I can latch myself onto, (and drag others in too) in the absence of proper news...
One of the reasons why I love coming here. *insert heart emoji

Anywho, that rumor about UK tour actually makes some sense. It's much easier to plan something within one country than adjusting every show to different regulations.

OK, so let's try to bring this back on topic.

Here's a rumour for you from the official fan club forum: Iron Maiden UK tour this Autumn with KK's Priest as support act.
I also saw this. I can't say I am familiar with the person who shared the info, so I have no idea if it's trustworthy.

I would argue that KK Downing has a long pedigree, but his comments about Maiden in recent times have not been too positive and Rod is known for bearing a grudge...

I can imagine the conversation between Rod and Steve preparing this rumoured tour:

Rod: "Shall I book your George's band as the support act?"
Steve: "Well, Tony has a new band, so I thought we could 'ave them on tour with us. It would be cheap"
Rod: "OK, What's the name of the band?"
Steve: "KK's Priest"
Rod: "KK's Priest , with KK bloody Downing???"
Steve: "Yes"
Rod: "Oh, we are not bloody having KK on the tour. I can still bloody remember when they nearly kicked us off the 1982 tour because we were selling more T-shirts than them and they could not handle it"
Steve: "Tony's my footie mate and 'is band would be opening for us" (repeat x48)
Rod: "OK, that would be bloody all right"

The repeat x48 is very subtle :lol:

Anywho, that rumor about UK tour actually makes some sense. It's much easier to plan something within one country than adjusting every show to different regulations.

Yep file it under plausible, autumn would still be far too early, I'd imagine, to be realistic

Joking aside, if the rumour turns into a real tour, it would be an opening act I would be really looking forward to see. The most interesting they've had (at least at the shows I've been to) since Gamma Ray in 2003.
I'm waiting for a great opening act since 1998 (Helloween and Tony's band ;--) ).

Bringing KK out might burn any bridges with the real Priest thereby ending those rumours :lol:
Both bands are good friends (Maiden and Priest).

KK was not happy with the comment that Maiden will ''blow the bollocks off Priest'' back in 1980 when the two bands were on tour together, but everything is fine now... (If I remember right, KK said that he met Di'Anno around 1995 and Paul said he is sorry about that quote).
Obviously Tony Newton is the bassist of KK's band and he is a friend of Steve (he produced the two latest live albums of Maiden and he appeared during the performance of TAATG in a TV show in 1998... Janick did not participate), so Steve and Rod will help the new band by take them as a support act on big shows (if there are tours this year). They should release their debut album this year, If I'm not mistaken. Great supporting band.

Yep file it under plausible, autumn would still be far too early, I'd imagine, to be realistic

Out of curiosity I have checked the availability of the O2 Arena in London and there are several free dates in November and December.

I still think it might be too early for a tour the size of Maiden's to take place though.

FYI, the RIR gig which used to appear at the end of the Legacy 2021 tour page on the official site is not there anymore. My guess is that they are waiting to brand the tour, along with the album announcement and then they'll create a new page with RIR and maybe Download (though it is happening next year, so might have a different tour page).

FYI, the RIR gig which used to appear at the end of the Legacy 2021 tour page on the official site is not there anymore. My guess is that they are waiting to brand the tour, along with the album announcement and then they'll create a new page with RIR and maybe Download (though it is happening next year, so might have a different tour page).
If they confirm RIR for next year, I doubt they will play again there with the LOTB set... (Download Festival 2022 announcement also hints that it might be part of the album tour dates). And yeah, whatever the tour will be (3rd part of LOTB or new album tour) they will create a different tour page.

(Download Festival 2022 announcement also hints that it might be part of the album tour dates)

I'm not going to argue that Download '22 is going to be LOTB (right now, I think anything is possible), but I would really, really like to know how you read this in the announcement.

I'm not going to argue that Download '22 is going to be LOTB (right now, I think anything is possible), but I would really, really like to know how you read this in the announcement.
The announcement for Download 2022 doesn't mention LOTB, while the announcement for Download 2020 (which was cancelled) mentions that it was going to be part of the current LOTB tour. I agree that anything is possible right now.

Maiden left it quite late last year didn't they? Could be late April or early May until we get an update.

Maiden left it quite late last year didn't they? Could be late April or early May until we get an update.

Yeah, I think the Dubai show was only cancelled a couple of weeks before it was scheduled to have been played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back