Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing in that video, the change of sound on SiT is due to the change of sound on SiT, not the synths. Dickinson never says synths there. The average SiT moment does not have synths in it. The lead single has 0 synths in it. If you want to discuss this in depth let's go elsewhere. I just said why I think that moment in Poland is so fucking overrated that I really don't want to have it included in the discussions about Maiden's plans(*). It is not relevant, the band did not ever make a single fucking synth melody, they just did single keypress stuff, and they did it even before SiT.

(*) it is being used in the wild as an argument that Maiden says they won't do something then they do.

lol

Edit : and that's the average amount of synth in a SiT song. Just some bassy carpet, the usual let's use the studio's mini moog to fatten up this part a bit.
I think that sounds more like a guitar, but don't quote me on it. I'm not well versed with synths.

I cannot believe what kind of a petty topic I can latch myself onto, (and drag others in too) in the absence of proper news...

Give me another week, and i'll be demanding Iron Maiden make a statement regarding Harry and Meghan.

No keys. Guitar. I guess there are ways to imitate keys on guitar in 1983.

Could be an ebow, were they around in 83?

Also Rory Gallagher used to use a trick that sounds a bit like that, where he'd pick the note with the volume pot at 0 and swell in with a bit of wah. H and Dave would definitely be familar with Rory.

EDIT: I'm inclined to agree with Zare though, sounds like some sort of electronic instrument and they must have been spoofing on the liner notes, maybe they had a guilty conscience :lol:

Well, I felt Bruce was genuinely interested in talking with this guy, behind the iron curtain.
It was a time in which they liked talking with a few fans. The good old days.
Used to like? Well, if that's the case I imagine it could be the way a lot of people are today i.e. "what haven't you done this?" "why don't you do that?" "How come you did this?" "Where's a new album?" etc, etc.

I'm not well versed with synths.

I'm no expert either. What I look for is the dead-beat electronic timing of things. What I can clearly hear in that intro, is absolutely same attack-sustain-release for every note. You can hear how every note climbs to volume in the exact same manner. This for me is 99% giveaway for a preset envelope. Even an analogue guitar pedal that applies this envelope over every hit note is synth by definition.

M3.jpg

Ah, is it already time for the annual Maiden/Priest tour rumors? Even a global pandemic couldn’t stop them!

Looks more legitimate than the real Judas Priest though.

Bringing KK out might burn any bridges with the real Priest thereby ending those rumours :lol:

[edit from the future - those rumours did not end]

Bringing KK out might burn any bridges with the real Priest thereby ending those rumours :lol:

[edit from the future - those rumours did not end]
That kind of pettiness sounds more like KK than Priest, if Rob's book is worth anything in that regard.

Who plays bass in KK’s Priest? The plot thickens...
Would have been hilaroius if Ian Hill's son took on the bass duties.

That being said, their album is my most anticipated album this year. Yup, that includes a possible Maiden release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back