Blaze Bayley

Thank you for clarifying that. We can hopefully put all this half cocked conjecture to rest. I finally got around to ordering the album myself over all this. Should have it next week. How does it sound on vinyl?
It sounds pretty much the same, can't remember much about it, although most bass frequencies are usually summed to mono when mastered for vinyl. Dynamically, it was roughly the same, about 3 decibels more dynamic whereas The Book Of Souls for instance was far less compressed than the squashed CD, vinyl not being very forgiving towards ultra compression.

Thank you for clarifying that. We can hopefully put all this half cocked conjecture to rest. I finally got around to ordering the album myself over all this. Should have it next week. How does it sound on vinyl?
No worries. It would have been good to have seen the original photos but at least the band are properly credited.

I haven’t listened to it in a few weeks. It sounded pretty good as far as I remember. I must go back and listen again.

17 years ago:

Guitarists Steve Wray and John Slater came back from their ordinary lifes, to once again unite with Bayley and producer Andy Sneap for one last effort with BLAZE - Blood and Belief, with session musicians Wayne Banks and Jason Bowld on bass and drums.

:edmetal:

Last edited:
Blood & Belief... Many great memories come to mind when I think about the time this album was released. Saw Blaze live twice on this tour, the first gig there were only like 50 people in the audience! I stood in front of the stage, met Blaze afterwards at the merchandise.

Saw Blaze live twice on this tour, the first gig there were only like 50 people in the audience! I stood in front of the stage, met Blaze afterwards at the merchandise.

Word for word same experience for me, got the Maiden CD sleeves signed plus Tenth Dimension and Blood and Belief, no idea why I didn't get Silicon Messiah and As Live As it Gets signed too

Blaze sings the lead vocal on a new single from my band, Vantage Point. You can stream the track, 24 Hours of Freedom, on the digital platform of your choice.

Enjoyed that. Interesting to hear Blaze sing a more hard rock orientated tune than the metal ones he does with his own band.

Back