Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Yknow, everyone said that 2020 was the worst year in history and they were so excited to see 2021 roll around. But we are 13 days into this year and it’s almost as if things shifted from second to sixth gear. I am getting whiplash from this roller coaster and I would hope it lets up sometime soon.

Let’s review:

— Trump supporters storm the Capitol building in an coup attempt.

— Jon Schaffer, the guitarist from one of my favorite bands, was one of the Capitol stormers. Iced Earth is dead.

— The stormers plan to strike again, even harder.

— In the madness, Trump quietly revokes more LGBT rights.

— Meanwhile, on a personal level, my girlfriend is struggling with chronic depression, and mentally I’m not exactly in the healthiest frame of mind either.

— Oh yeah, speaking of chronic depression, Marko Hietala, the bassist and secondary singer from another of my favorite bands, leaves. Nightwish is in limbo.

And now to add to the chaos, last night one of my friends may have gotten knocked up. Naturally, I am the man for the job. So there I am at 2 A.M., without beer or TV, but rather zipping around the towns looking for some fucking Plan B with their s/o. With every store closed, we resume this morning and manage to secure some, all on the back of no sleep whatsoever.

If 2020 was Iced Earth’s “Dante’s Inferno”, slowed down to the point that it becomes an hour long doom metal record, then 2021 is shaping up to be something more akin to Naked City’s Torture Garden. Go vote in the GMAC.

1914 and 1939 would like a word.
Yeah I agree. I was very fortunate that 2020 didn’t hit me as hard as it did other people.
I´m very sorry to hear this, @Diesel 11 :(
From personal experience I know depressions are nasty beasts. Wish you both courage and good luck to cope during this tough times.
Thanks man, it means a lot. Spending time listening to music, enjoying time spent with my girlfriend and other friends, and writing constantly. Overall I’m doing pretty okay.

Back