Iron Maiden pictures

If that is the best, I wonder what is the worst! :lol:
They've all* had spectacular howlers in their time, as their kids would later point out to them :D

Adrian is not unique in this respect, nor even a particularly bad offender (notwithstanding that he did go through a phase of turning up for photoshoots dressed for a different occasion to the rest of the band).

Except Janick of course: he's effortlessly cool from start to finish ... :innocent:

Last edited:
Does anyone know where this picture was taken? Because where I'd most expect to see a wall like that is somewhere in the vicinity of Winchester, so I'm curious ...
View attachment 13106

The picture was used as part of the promo material for A Matter of Life and Death. It could have been taken at Hook End Manor, a residential recording studio near Reading, where they met with journalists for the promotion of said album.

The picture was used as part of the promo material for A Matter of Life and Death. It could have been taken at Hook End Manor, a residential recording studio near Reading, where they met with journalists for the promotion of said album.
Well Google isn't being too helpful at the moment but you could well be right because this seems to belong to the same set (they are wearing the same clothes, although Steve has donned a jacket):
78b3c9fe4c924432b97768af1e02757a.jpg
And here is Hook End Manor by daylight, and coincidentally from almost the same angle:
14fd397550128b5877b8fb44f4a660a6-1.jpg

The outline is very similar :)

Well Google isn't being too helpful at the moment but you could well be right because this seems to belong to the same set (they are wearing the same clothes, although Steve has donned a jacket):
View attachment 13111
And here is Hook End Manor by daylight, and coincidentally from almost the same angle:
14fd397550128b5877b8fb44f4a660a6-1.jpg

The outline is very similar :)

I've a bootleg of an episode of Headbanger's Ball called Iron Maiden Makes an Album, which was clearly partly recorded at the press sessions Ghost of Cain is talking about.

bruce.jpg

Does that building look familiar?

Bruce isn't wearing the same clothes but H is,
adrian.jpg

Dave Murray has the same coat but a different tshirt on.

dave.jpg

The rest of the interviews and footage seems to have been conducted in the studio where the Benjamin Breeg video was recorded, so MTV mustn't have got access to Steve, Nicko and Janick on that day.

I'd conclude that's the location you were looking for.

There's a picture of the whole property in this link
and here

You can see the wall on the right hand. You can zoom on it.
I will place a capture from the gallery picture.
Anyway…I think it's not the same part of the wall where the band were photographed
record studios.png

Last edited:
Anyway…I think it's not the same part of the wall where the band were photographed
Indeed - the picture was taken on the outside of a corner.

Here is a screengrab from Google:
hookendmanor2.jpg
If the wall in your picture continues around the perimeter of the property then I'd guess the picture of Maiden was taken on one of the two corners I've marked (probably the bottom one as there's more evidence of conifers here: you can see conifers in the picture). Streetview indicates no walls at all visible from Park Lane or Hook End Lane.

I think the wall doesn't continue all the perimeter of the property. Instead of that the wall only surrounds glass houses. Your places that you marked with arrows are too far to say to the band hey guys we must walk a little bit to take some pictures. IMO.

I think the right place of the wall is the same I said before. In the picture there's something black that doesn't allow to see the corner of the wall made by red bricks. But I think that is the place. It must be the wall that surrounds glass houses. This place is surrounded by conifers. In the picture I post here I marked the exact places where the band were photographed. 1. In front of the house and 2. In the corner of the wall.

AMOLAD pictures.png

I think the wall doesn't continue all the perimeter of the property. Instead of that the wall only surrounds glass houses. Your places that you marked with arrows are too far to say to the band hey guys we must walk a little bit to take some pictures. IMO.

I think the right place of the wall is the same I said before. In the picture there's something black that doesn't allow to see the corner of the wall made by red bricks. But I think that is the place. It must be the wall that surrounds glass houses. This place is surrounded by conifers. In the picture I post here I marked the exact places where the band were photographed. 1. In front of the house and 2. In the corner of the wall.

View attachment 13124
Again you could well be right - without 45 degree/birds' eye imagery (which no-one seems to have any more) it's difficult to tell what the various boundaries/walls are made of. I must admit I hadn't noticed there was a walled garden inside the grounds.

I don't think they'd consider themselves too important to go for a walk though, and it's not that far to walk around the outside. And I don't think McMurtrie would care - he'd just drag them out to wherever he thought made the best location. But I think you're right that they wouldn't do it if there was a location just as good nearby.

I've a bootleg of an episode of Headbanger's Ball called Iron Maiden Makes an Album, which was clearly partly recorded at the press sessions Ghost of Cain is talking about.

View attachment 13114

Does that building look familiar?

Bruce isn't wearing the same clothes but H is,
View attachment 13113

Dave Murray has the same coat but a different tshirt on.

View attachment 13115

The rest of the interviews and footage seems to have been conducted in the studio where the Benjamin Breeg video was recorded, so MTV mustn't have got access to Steve, Nicko and Janick on that day.

I'd conclude that's the location you were looking for.

They hired the place for several days, hence the different clothes. ;)

On a related note, the picture used on the Flight 666 cover was taken during the photo sessions at Hook End Manor and the T-shirt with Eddie’s face Bruce is wearing was photoshopped over what he was originally wearing. If I remember correctly (I am getting on a bit), the original picture was taken at the studio’s loft.

Cloud Eddie is one of my favorite Eddies of all time in existence on Earth. It's underrated I believe. It's fairly simple, but it's ominous because he's just "everywhere" now. I really liked the whole BNW cover to be quite honest with people reading this post that I'm writing right now.

Back