Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico City (new live album)

Yay! I was able to pre-order the Mexican Flag edition of the new live album by Iron Maiden! Now I've got all three version (black vinyl, color vinyl, and CD deluxe) on the way to my house-home where I make my living at!

Maybe they'll release a video (not only live album) after the 3rd leg of LOTB tour is over next year....(if there is a tour next year though).

Streaming on YouTube like Live Chapter is the most likely way.

It would be pretty disappointing this incredible tour with amazing stage design and setlist to be without a concert video...

I preordered the black vinyl and deluxe CD combo. Can't be bothered with the colored LP crap, and the deluxe CD looks like it has a really nice booklet with plenty of large photos, stage plot, etc. (it'll also line up nicely on my shelf next to my TBOS and Live Chapter Deluxe CDs)

The artwork isn't inspiring enough to warrant springing for the T-shirt IMO, plus I just don't like wearing event shirts for concerts I didn't attend and this one has the Mexican dates plastered all over the back.

I didn't preordered it because since 2015 i dont have equipment to play it.
Since 2014 I have been working on collecting every Maiden album on vinyl, starting with the 2014-2017 remasters and grabbing some extra items like the Maiden England '88 Picture Disc set, Somewhere Back in Time Pic disc set, Fear to Eternity Pic Disc set, Empire of the Clouds pic disc, and am now working on collecting the singles on vinyl as well. My collection is substantial and the point of this post is because I do not even own a record player. I listen to 320kbps MP3s of the albums and keep them organized on my PC, and own the vinyl mainly to look at, collect and so on.

People without actual turntables, that like to collect stuff and don't listen to them are hipsters and try to be cool getting their shelf full of vinyl.
Im not talking about you here (really believe me) anybody at all, this is only my own imagination of the people I've seen on occasions while browsing albums at local stores, record fairs and second hand stores..you would not even believe the things that go around in those places.
I can only laught at some people I know, they never even have actual systems to play and listen with, they just buy vinyl to the shelf and listen on some mobile-phones.
People are people and are different each with their opinions and such, I get it but, there's no real reason to buy albums only to let them be in shrinkwrap or never to be played.
I have always played my albums, everyone single piece (lp+cd+cassette etc) gets played and as they were made to be listened, not to collect dust and look at.
I totally understand that some might be newer music enthusiast or with broken player, if not have income to buy new or fix it, I hope that you can get it working. I've helped some people I know by giving them tips and hints and also provided actual help on getting the gear fixed.

Im not talking about you here (really believe me) anybody at all, this is only my own imagination of the people I've seen on occasions while browsing albums at local stores, record fairs and second hand stores..you would not even believe the things that go around in those places.
I own a couple of vinyl that were either gifts or Iron Maiden stuff. My dream is to one day make a "In Case of Hippies Break Glass" with a Slayer vinyl.

I have two Maiden vinyls (Killers and SSOASS) from when I had a turntable and no CD player.
Now I have no turntable.
SSOASS (Italian edition) had a curious feature I've never heard or read about - before each track started properly you could hear a few seconds of its beginning, very very quiet.

I have two Maiden vinyls (Killers and SSOASS) from when I had a turntable and no CD player.
Now I have no turntable.
SSOASS (Italian edition) had a curious feature I've never heard or read about - before each track started properly you could hear a few seconds of its beginning, very very quiet.
Never heard that thing..some have claimed to hear Beatles song Ticket To Ride on Pink Floyd's album Dark Side Of The Moon, at the very end of the song Eclipse. Can't remember if it was some early cd or some weird lp that they claimed to have this..

I sincerely must emphasize this one more time, I wasn't talking about you people here. Just common observation of the things I have seen.

Never heard that thing..some have claimed to hear Beatles song Ticket To Ride on Pink Floyd's album Dark Side Of The Moon, at the very end of the song Eclipse. Can't remember if it was some early cd or some weird lp that they claimed to have this..
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio"...

It's on every release. I first heard it on my CD some 20 years ago. It's one of those 'rock music mysteries' for which there are many plausible theories but that (to my knowledge) has never been fully explained.

EDIT: Let's elaborate. In the outro of Eclipse, when you hear the fading heartbeats, you can hear a brief snippet of instrumental music (a short violin melody) towards the end. It is very quiet and you can only hear it if you have the volume turned up really loudly. I remember looking it up on the internet in ca 2000 and found that it's been a talking point among Pink Floyd fans forever. It's part of the recording and has been on every release of the album. The chief questions were what music that is and how and why it got there. One of the suggestions I found online was The Beatles. I went on to play it to my mum for whatever reason and she immediately burst out that it's them. I asked her what song and she said she had no idea but she was absolutely positive about it. I think the last I read about it was that it was likely from an orchestral cover album released around the time the album was recorded.
The most plausible idea about why it is there is that it wasn't deliberate, but music bleeding through the walls from a neighbouring studio. Maybe somebody played the record or maybe it was being recorded at the same time. Since this was in the early seventies, there was no way to remove it from the tape and it had to be left on - if it was even noticed at all. As I said, it's rather short in the fade and very, very quiet. Such imperfections are common on rock albums of those days, just think of the squeaky drum pedal on Led Zeppelin's Since I Was Loving You or David Gilmour's smoker's cough on Wish You Were Here. It was just turned into a mystery by Pink Floyd fans because it was on an album full of weird shit, it had never been addressed by the band and nobody could positively identify the strange music for a long time.

Is it just me or is the build up from Run to the Hills playing when he says "wherever you are" in Iron Maiden

Back