GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

There's no rule that says a basketball team can't play football.

They have to be registered as a football team to compete in the FA Cup, so no.

To put it in a simple way:
If instead of GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP this game was simply named GREATEST ALBUM CUP 17 of my 25 picks from the list I gave would've been other records. Period.

Yep. If I were to consider Pink Floyd as viable for this game, which they clearly aren't, Animals would've been among my first nominations.

I'm pretty neutral when it comes to A7X; I don't love them, don't hate 'em, but I like some of their stuff on a song-by-song basis. Their self titled has a couple songs I enjoy, Almost Easy and Afterlife, so I'm going to give them a vote over Zeppelin, who I know full well will dominate here.

I'm not a trve metal elitist, so I'm voting simply for which album I like the best. You can probably argue that half of my selections aren't "metal" enough, so I'd be a hypocrite if I voted any other way. So for that reason, I'm going with Floyd.

Bloodbound is very similar to Virgin Steele, only better in every way.

And I'm obviously voting for Porcupine Tree for reasons I explained earlier.

We should really scratch the word "metal" from the title and start anew, because

1. at least no-one would get butthurt

2. it would be a more interesting game. Imagine Coltrane vs Kamelot vs Deathspell Omega vs Jim Croce vs Bach's Goldberg Variations vs Delain vs Fleetwood Mac vs...

On the other hand, considering the fact that Nick Menza is as of now brutally crushing Jeff Porcaro in the drummer game, the metal bias would probably win anyway most of the time, so...

I highly doubt Pink Floyd will win the whole tournament. Especially over all the Maiden albums, and classic albums like Painkiller, Heaven and Hell, Ride the Lightning, etc.

I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of the top 50 or so albums will all be inarguably metal.

Boohwal wasn't really metal yet they still appeared on a list. +The websites' rules for albums entering their list are most definitely a lot stricter than here, so there was no real reason for Boohwal to be there.

Would there be so much outrage if WYWH came from a website's list instead?

People, not only is Pink Floyd not even remotely metal, it’s going up against a legit Metal album that is very strong. The choice here is obvious. The real twist is that Night “Metal Elitist” Prowler nominated it. It’s probably even the least heavy Floyd album at that. Still more metal than Papa Roach though. Get it outta here!

I can get behind Lampwick’s argument for including Porcupine Tree. That album comes from what is commonly known as the band’s metal phase. Really heavy guitar riffs, drums, and a dark theme. Well, it’s as if Pink Floyd played metal.

There've been so many non-metal albums in this game I've stopped voting that way. Much prefer WYWH.

Back