Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Really? I've never seen this Eddie before. And LOTF single has a totally different artwork from the one in question.

It was a rejected Riggs drawing, it actually looks way more like something out of the book than the image they used. In the book the lord of the flies was an impaled pigs head on a stick

I can't remember where I seen that before. I just had a quick flick through "Run for Cover" and it doesn't seem to be in it, maybe it was shown in an FC magazine? I would have been in the FC in the 90's so it's a possibility.

I can't remember where I seen that before. I just had a quick flick through "Run for Cover" and it doesn't seem to be in it, maybe it was shown in an FC magazine? I would have been in the FC in the 90's so it's a possibility.

The Virus single maybe? It had some additional artwork printed here and there.

There was also a very obscure painting in the Best of the Beast 2CD booklet which I think had Eddie hold up a key in a rocky landscape. It was printed maybe half the size of a stamp and I've always wondered where that was from. I don't have access to my copy right now though, but I wonder if anyone can shed some light on it.

The Virus single maybe? It had some additional artwork printed here and there.

I did think that alright and checked but it didn't,

You did discover where the lord of the flies image is from, as when I was looking for your Eddie and the key picture, I found the lord of the flies picture in the BOTB booklet, strangely it's only in the CD booklet not the LP. So there's no real proof it was a rejected Riggs image, it's more just me putting two and two together given that it wasn't used and it looks like Riggs style.

I didn't see anything that exactly matched the description of your image, there's two possibilities of a rocky background,

6596f0eeecffa742d8ed38cd1943fb64.jpg.webp

and

d026951826f6ff50e8110c5be5f46e6a.jpg

This is in the BOTB booklet alongside Somewhere in Time images so we can presume it's for the Australian leg of Somewhere on Tour

No, it's neither of those. It's very, very different and an artwork I've never seen anywhere else.

There was also a very obscure painting in the Best of the Beast 2CD booklet which I think had Eddie hold up a key in a rocky landscape. It was printed maybe half the size of a stamp and I've always wondered where that was from. I don't have access to my copy right now though, but I wonder if anyone can shed some light on it.

You mean this one?... (under the BQOBD single cover).... It's curious really what is this Eddie...

Attachments

• R-6833661-1453901867-9514.jpeg.jpg
    R-6833661-1453901867-9514.jpeg.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 80
I did think that alright and checked but it didn't,

You did discover where the lord of the flies image is from, as when I was looking for your Eddie and the key picture, I found the lord of the flies picture in the BOTB booklet, strangely it's only in the CD booklet not the LP. So there's no real proof it was a rejected Riggs image, it's more just me putting two and two together given that it wasn't used and it looks like Riggs style.

I didn't see anything that exactly matched the description of your image, there's two possibilities of a rocky background,

6596f0eeecffa742d8ed38cd1943fb64.jpg.webp

and

d026951826f6ff50e8110c5be5f46e6a.jpg

This is in the BOTB booklet alongside Somewhere in Time images so we can presume it's for the Australian leg of Somewhere on Tour
This picture does not belong to 86-87. Another fail placing wrong pictures in different time periods in booklets.
It belongs to a magazine or promo poster from The Beast on the Road World tour in Australia 82. There wasn't Somewhere on Tour in Australia.
All we know that they're not very good when they have to review the booklets before the releases. The first time I've seen this one was in the 92-93 or 94 official calendars

Last edited:
I just checked the LP to see if there was a bigger version of the picture to get a better idea, and it's another one that isn't in the LP booklet.

It's not in Run for Cover either but you can probably assume it's Riggs with the Reaper visible to the right of the picture.

Looks like Eddie is in a lake? with a ruined city behind him and some sort of planet/eyeball/death star in the sky?? Can't really connect it to anything, except the key could be a bad pun for "Fear is the Key" which would be the correct era for where the picture is in the booklet

The original idea for AMOLAD album back cover was:

The back cover would originally feature Eddie shot on the back, but then the band opted to instead feature a detail of the tank icon featuring Eddie's head along with crossed guns.

The original idea for TFF album cover was:

Originally, they didn’t want the craft all ripped to shreds, but to look like a hatch had come off and Eddie to be slithering in among the skeletal crew.

Last edited:
For what this Eddie was done? (click here).

Hi Kalata, sorry for the late reply, but for some reason my email doesn't notify me. Anyway that Eddie is from the X-Factor era. I'm trying to get hold of that one myself. The only true way to get that Eddie and the 1982 DJ Eddie is to buy 'Best of the Beast' on vinyl, as the booklet is larger. It's very expensive at the moment at around €380 to €400 on ebay.

Back