Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

The Eddie with crossed-guns is a tattoo I'd wanted to get for a long while. I have a "theme" with my tattoos where it's all black with no color, and that particular piece is perfect for the rippling calve muscles my legs contain.

I like how they added a Mayan artworks in TBOS: Live Chapter booklet for all of the songs in the setlist during TBOS tour (2017 leg):

Attachments

• tbos- live chapter booklet.jpg
    tbos- live chapter booklet.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38
I noticed a curious thing - in the artworks of the singles SIASL and TAATG (3rd artwork), there is a hand on both artworks, that looks like identical - could this guy be a time traveler... :lol::p

- both artworks are done by Derek Riggs.

Interesting spot. Probably a subtle reference, since both are card players. Riggs does that from time to time.

I think there's more to it than that, in the Angel and the Gambler video BALZE!!1 and Eddie are both dressed up similar to Stranger in a Strange Land Eddie and both the SIASL artwork and the Angel and the Gambler video have scenes that are reminiscent of the cantina scene in Star Wars

I think there's more to it than that, in the Angel and the Gambler video BALZE!!1 and Eddie are both dressed up similar to Stranger in a Strange Land Eddie and both the SIASL artwork and the Angel and the Gambler video have scenes that are reminiscent of the cantina scene in Star Wars

You know, I haven't seen that video since I watched the entire Visions of the Beast DVD back when I got it in 2002 or 2003.

All I can say is that it would probably be better after a few bottles of Eddie's Evil Brew.

You know, I haven't seen that video since I watched the entire Visions of the Beast DVD back when I got it in 2002 or 2003.

All I can say is that it would probably be better after a few bottles of Eddie's Evil Brew.

I hadn't seen it myself in a very long time until recently when I ripped it from the Futureal single. At least it brings TAATG down to an appropriate length!

I hadn't seen it myself in a very long time until recently when I ripped it from the Futureal single. At least it brings TAATG down to an appropriate length!

I'm one of the people who like TAATG, repetition and everything. But this video... oh dear.

I'm one of the people who like TAATG, repetition and everything. But this video... oh dear.

I like it too, it's the second best track on the album for me and nowhere near deserving of the reputation it has, but I think the breakdown section in the middle really should have been kept for the live version only. I've no problem with the repetition in the outro choruses as there's loads of variety in the chord sequences.

I still think that if they were gonna cut the song down in the video they should’ve dropped the repetition and kept all the verses, but oh well. I enjoy the video though, it’s some of the best Maiden cheese ever (heads and tales over whatever the fuck Wildest Dreams has going on).

This is a Christmas card done by Melvyn Grant in 2011. Btw, he is obsessed with moons :lol: The Eddie is the one from From Fear To Eternity best of.

I can spot some of the album covers that are represent in it:

BNW (futuristic city and burning wicker man)
NPFTD (graveyard)
AMOLAD (tanks)
VXI (football pitch)
TXF (sign ''X'' and electric chair)
TFF (the moons)
DOD (the Eddie on it probably represents the grim reaper from that album)

There are other artworks - some castle (probably FOTD?) and some creature (Eddie?) on a train?

melvyn grant christmas card 2011.jpg

Last edited:
The moons are blatantly from TFF and the Eddie that's on the front of the locomotive seems like one of the cover studies Melvin did for the album cover.

Exactly. These ones:
Iron_Maiden_-_The_Final_Frontier_-_Booklet_(7-8).jpg

Back