Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I don't remember the story but congratulations on your purchase! What is it? A Korg?

Ahahah, not that kind of keyboard though I'd love too:lol: I'm talking about a computer keyboard.

To clean the keyboard. This keyboard is old and didn't see use for at least 5 years (I began using it again last summer). Most of the left side is pretty bad (need to press harder than usual), but some days ago the 'w' key decided to work even less reliably, so I wanted to see what it is. Yesterday I only went through the cracks between the keys with the toothpick and picked up dirt from there, but it didn't help, so today I removed the keycaps. I saw the buttons in the left side really were more damaged, of course the 'w' key especially
View attachment 12291
The picture is a little angled, but hopefully you can see the 'w' key is tilted way downwards, the other buttons are relatively how they're meant to be.

I began poking all the out of place buttons (with a flat toothpick), trying to center them. Possibly made a hole in the 'w' button because it was my sick lab rat (and the operation was actually quite successful!) And as you can see in the picture yesterday's session didn't exactly clean everything. So some more toothpicks were used for this.

Until a Dvorak person appears and starts ranting about correctness and stuff

If you remember the keyboard story from some time ago, I finally bought a new one.
As we know, there used to be a time when it was ok to say keyboards were gay. And it‘s good it‘s not okay anymore. But I have a problem: Does anybody have a suggestion what term I could use instead... in this particular circumstance? A word that defines what people dislike in keyboards as precisely as the word „gay“? I haven‘t found one.

I wouldn't say the word "gay" describes keyboards at all. I've never known a keyboard to fall in love, let alone fall in love with a musical instrument with the same gender expression.

I didn't walk that much, but quite a lot too. The apartment smells of paint, so I didn't want to be here. After my working hours, I visited an international furniture chain store and went to my relative's house for a few hours. Their cat wanted to be on my lap, as I listened to today's Greatest Metal Album Cup contestants. She didn't seem to mind, must be a heavy metal cat.

Back