BEST BAND EVER: Results!

If Tate advances to the Top 4, and I voted for him in this round to get there, this is his path after the group stage:

def. Anneke van Giersbergen
def. Klaus Meine
def. Floor Jansen

That part of the tournament table just turned out to be very weak. Tate making the Top 4 is the equivalent of England making it to the Semis in the 2018 World Cup.

To add to the previous post, what really illustrates the unfortunate way the draw turned out is this series of matchups:

Round of 32: Myles Kennedy def. Layne Staley
Round of 16: Chris Cornell def. Myles Kennedy
Round of 8: Russell Allen def. Chris Cornell

I think it's very likely that Staley, Kennedy and Cornell would all defeat Tate had they matched up against him.

To add to the previous post, what really illustrates the unfortunate way the draw turned out is this series of matchups:

Round of 32: Myles Kennedy def. Layne Staley
Round of 16: Chris Cornell def. Myles Kennedy
Round of 8: Russell Allen def. Chris Cornell

I think it's very likely that Staley, Kennedy and Cornell would all defeat Tate had they matched up against him.
Agreed. I know that I personally would vote for all of them over Tate, and I've been consistently voting for Tate the last several rounds due to his matchups.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Serj Tankian were to beat Tate had they matched up.

Last edited:
The biggest tragedy of this tournament was Michael Kiske getting booted in the group stage. He should've been in the top 8.

Back