BEST BAND EVER: Results!

This round is the farce to end all farces. I no longer have any feelings for this tournament.

Floor Jansen is a better singer in absolutely every way than Geoff Tate. This shouldn't even be close but instead you guys have somehow made this one go the wrong way. She could definitely do a better job of anything Geoff Tate has done than Geoff could do of what Floor has done. Just imagine him trying 'Ghost Love Score' - a song which Floor improved - it would be awful. I'm generally not too keen on his singing anyway. I like some bits of Queensryche but when I delved deeper into their discography I found his vocals quite grating. Everything I've heard from Floor has been good - anything she touches turns to gold. Tate has obviously had a big impact on the genre that Floor has yet to establish (and she's risen to prominence in the wake of similar singers who've probably had a bigger impact), but she's still far, far better. Who knows what types of bias are going on here.

It's also laughable that you guys have given Bob Halford such a comfortable victory over Freddie Mercury. The latter is definitely a better singer. Bob is great too but not on the level of Fred. There's definitely no anti-Gay bias in this pairing. Anti-Kenyan bias perhaps?

Anyway, my votes:

1594072017410.png

1594072046494.png

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 103:
Floor Jansen
Freddie Mercury

Promoted after Round 103:
Geoff Tate
Rob Halford

Ronnie James Dio (BLACK SABBATH, DIO, RAINBOW)
vs.
Russell Allen (STAR ONE, SYMPHONY X)

Dio is top tier, no doubt, but not as good as Floor, Halford, or Mercury. That being said, I’d put him in the final four before Geoff Tate. Would like to see Russell Allen take the win, he’s my favorite vocalist left. I predict this will come down to Dio vs Halford, possibly Dio taking the win.

Last edited:
Fixed, meant to say that Dio isn’t as good as Floor.

edit: never mind, actually not sure what I was meaning to say

Allen took what made Dio great and brought it to 11. Just listen to a song like “The Divine Wings Of Tragedy”. You’ve got some harsher belting in one section, and some really soulful, bluesier singing in another. The finale of that song is some of the best vocals I’ve ever heard. Relatively easy vote for Allen. He’s also my favorite to win the overall competition at this stage.

Back