Not open for further replies.
The new album The Genesis Formula will be released on February 1st 2021
It's a concept album based on the graphic novel Storm by Don Lawrence

Songs:
1 The Intruder (Smith/Dickinson)
2 Whispers In The Dark (Harris)
3 Oblivion Leads The Way (Gers/Harris)
4 Vergilius' Theme (Smith/Murray/Gers)
5 The False Minister (McBrain/Dickinson)
6 Prophets Of Another War (Gers/Murray)
7 Go Forth And Multiply (Harris/Dickinson)
8 The Genesis Formula (Harris)

I mean, Kevin Shirley is a very talented producer. He is more than capable of going back and changing the sound. Birch has been happily retired for (checks notes) 25 years. Would he even know his way around a studio anymore?

Sounds like someone's writing Iron Maiden fanfiction somewhere.

The rumor I heard is that the band is very unhappy with Kevin Shirley's muddy production of the album, and they are looking for a new producer. Steve has reached out to Martin Birch to come out of retirement to re-produce the album. However it is unclear whether or not Martin will do it. So the album is in limbo.

Go back to the reactionary views; humour is not your thing.

Fair point, and I hadn't think about that.
Let's say the new album tour starts in September 2021, it could be safe to say we'll get at least a title/cover artwork/concept reveal around early next year.

But... that would mean announcing a new thing before the Legacy era is officially closed... And judging by the way they worked with those things, announcements and stuff, over the last years... It sounds a bit unlikely, to be honest. Then again, it's also true they lost a full year of plans, and 2 different tours in the same year could be very likely, at this point. We'll see..
Maybe they'll release a new single during the LOTB tour and the album not too long after. It happened with Dance Of Death and Final Frontier was released during that tour's first leg. July-August of next year has a VERY STRONG potential for the album's release.

Last edited:
I mean, Kevin Shirley is a very talented producer. He is more than capable of going back and changing the sound. Birch has been happily retired for (checks notes) 25 years. Would he even know his way around a studio anymore?

This is the thing that I always find amusing about the Birch fan fiction, when he retired things were recorded on analog and pro-tools either didn't exist or was in it's early days, certainly if we take 1988 as the last time he worked in a real studio.

According to wiki, he hasn't worked with anyone other than Maiden since 1984, so I'd say he's probably an expert on the modern metal sound that most fans seem to want:lol:

The man is 71 years old. Leave him alone.

I think the label company is holding the album and look for the right moment to release along with the management and the band of course. Maybe they think that they still can milk the band's catalog with remasters and all that shit

I heard a totally true not at all fake rumor that Rod is unhappy with the band's performance and how the album turned out, so he's hired Dennis Stratton, Doug Sampson, and Paul Di'Anno to come out of retirement to rerecord the album with Steve and Dave.
Well that's obviously fake because a friend of mine told me that Rod hired Thunderstick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back