IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Yup... and even worst than that is Bruce's take on the title track. It hurts a cool track a lot. On the FETE's live version it sounds really great thanks to a much better performance by Bruce

I really like Bruce’s performance on the title track, which is easily the album’s best song, and one of the more overlooked good Maiden songs.
If it changed gears one more time and/or added a bridge, or another musical section, it would be considered more of an epic and get more attention.
As it is, it is a reasonably strong little brother to Children of the Damned.

IMO Dance Of Death is way above those two albums. No More Lies, Montsegur, Dance Of Death and Paschendale and Face In The Sand are better (or at least as good) as anything on No Prayer and (especially) Fear Of The Dark. and some surpass them all (namelly Montsegur, Paschendale and Face In The Sand). I'll go as far as saying I like songs like Wildest Dreams, Rainmaker, Gates Of Tomorrow and Journeyman way more than 2/3 of the songs from those 2 albums combined.

Totally agree, I was just referencing the 3 albums that most often are considered inconsistent.

No More Lies and Rainmaker is a way unappreciated 1-2 punch
A spree of excellent songs that endures till the end of Dance Of Death (IMO even Gates Of Tomorrow and Wildest Dreams are really enjoyable... as everything in this album with the exception of Age Of Innocence). Dance Of Death is easily #10 in my Maiden albums rank.

Voting for:

Breeg
BQOBD
ATSS
everything from NPFTD except the title track, Run Silent and Mother Russia

NPFTD still has some really good music (most notably the title track and Russia), but it is Bruce’s absolute worst vocal performance on an album and a lot of the melodies are just poor. Some of the melodies are literally out of key and I don’t know if it’s just Bruce or the composition. It’s a sad day when the weak link on a Maiden album is Bruce.

I always thought that ''Fates Warning'' has a big SSOASS feel to it. Sounds like a leftover from that album.
Probably because the chorus is basically a low-rent version of the chorus from “The Clairvoyant”. But it still works.

“Mother Russia” also borrows liberally from the title track of Seventh Son during the instrumental section.

Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
For The Greater Good of God
Lord of Light
Be Quick or Be Dead
Fear of the Dark
Holy Smoke
Public Enema Number One
Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
Mother Russia

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 16:
Hooks In You - 30 votes