The Walking Dead: an interesting sort of Maiden "cameo"

Hmm, I guess they might have gotten TFF out just before the zombie apocalypse, but it’s cutting it very close timewise...

Hmm, I guess they might have gotten TFF out just before the zombie apocalypse, but it’s cutting it very close timewise...

Wasn't Steve working on that song for over a decade? Maybe they heard an early demo?

• Haha
Reactions: Jer
I only just caught up with this. TWD has a habit of dropping quite moving songs in here and there. Great to hear they used a Maiden song that isn't one of their best known in a big mainstream TV show, albeit one that's on the wane.

I fell off The Walking Dead wagon partway through Season 2 and never got back on, but saw this posted today and found it to be an interesting and effective choice for one of those calm before the storm scenes.

Didn't know about this. Pretty damn cool. Thanks for sharing!

I will always say that seasons 1-4 of TWD are about as quintessential you can get for a zombie apocalypse story. But I had to stop watching half way through season 6, and haven't watched any episode since.

But my friend did text me after this episode aired, and was just like "Dude, they played an Iron Maiden song on TWD tonight." And then I saw the clip, and thought it was pretty cool.

I think I dropped aswell around mid-season of 6. I liked the show but certain things were annoying, like that slowly building plot etc.
It had good moments, the setting and characters were indeed interesting and well-written, the show really rocked when it was on it's best but for some reason I think I didn't want to waste time too much, but dunno maybe one day I might watch it again and catch up where I left. Maybe have to think and see.
I also read about the Maiden-song used in recent episode, it's really cool thing and nice clip, calm setting and singing to "When The Wild Wind Blows".

Back