Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Saw this in my inbox today.

Y4RSzc9.png

No thanks.

When the Norwegian rail company messes up their "bus replacing train due to works on the railway" for the fifth consecutive summer, and the train regularity goes down after the maintenance campaign, I feel I should be allowed to complain at least a little bit. Not to mention those who actually rely on those trains every day.

When the Norwegian rail company messes up their "bus replacing train due to works on the railway" for the fifth consecutive summer, and the train regularity goes down after the maintenance campaign, I feel I should be allowed to complain at least a little bit. Not to mention those who actually rely on those trains every day.
Today, the Ottawa transit system is operating at 40% capacity. A full 1/3rd of the system stopped functioning yesterday. This is the worst day, but we've only had 30% of days since launch with full service.

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work. And when we got home, our dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah.

(Wow LC. That is nothing less than a complete collapse of the entire public transportation system)

Correct, it is. Because it is the cross-town line, all bus routes were changed to funnel people onto the train. It's the spine of our system, and it's broken. When it breaks, they have to reroute dozens of buses from the smaller routes to the emergency rail replacement, which means the buses elsewhere don't go as often. It's terrible.

Back