Blaze Bayley

Honestly, Blaze is the most wholesome and hard working out of all the Maiden guys, past and present. I salute his drive and work ethic. If he comes to Stoke or near by again later this year, I'll definitely get a ticket.

And a great ending for the original BLAZE lineup.

Jeff Singer, great drummer. He later played with Paradise Lost, and currently with My Dying Bride, that was his last show with Blaze.

Last edited:
Blaze is doing full Maiden sets now? Probably old news to some of you since I just saw it on his tour page. Pretty damn awesome though!

Yeah, it started last year as a 25-year-Maiden-anniversary special thing. Unfortunately I couldn't attend any of those shows... a bit sad, considering that he came as close as about 45min drive from here. :D

Yeah, it started last year as a 25-year-Maiden-anniversary special thing. Unfortunately I couldn't attend any of those shows... a bit sad, considering that he came as close as about 45min drive from here. :D
Ugh, that's a bummer. Back in 2011 I went to a show he did in Minnesota--it was after work, I was tired, and came SOOOOO close to not going. I got there and there were maybe 15-25 people there tops. You'd think he'd kind of half-ass it looking out at a crowd that size, but nope, he sang and performed like he was in front of a packed arena. That time period seemed to be a low point in his solo career--he was doing the rent-a-band thing at the time like Di'Anno used to do a lot, but killer setlist and didn't seem fazed a bit by the crowd size.

Doubt he'd ever come back, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second to go if he did. Glad he's getting generally better turnout these days.

there were maybe 15-25 people there tops. You'd think he'd kind of half-ass it looking out at a crowd that size, but nope, he sang and performed like he was in front of a packed arena.
Did he already do the joke about "the show's not sold out because I told the promoters not to sell tickets to shit fans", or is that a more recent development?

Did he already do the joke about "the show's not sold out because I told the promoters not to sell tickets to shit fans", or is that a more recent development?
Probably a more recent development. He did his old, "we've got the hardest of the hardcore in here with us tonight," but he said that even during his Maiden days, I think. The not selling to shit fans line is funny, though. :D

There is an article in the new issue of Rock Candy Magazine, https://www.rockcandymag.com/latest-issue giving his opinion on the Iron Maiden discography, what is essential, what is for the connoisseur, what is the best DVD and what is the album to avoid! Surprisingly he didn’t pick either of his albums as the one to avoid ... Unfortunately there is no preview in the above link of the article with Blaze.
Dang, I would love to read that.

Why is that surprising? No one is going say something that's the highlight of their career is something that should be avoided.

It was meant to be a light hearted joke, probably doesn't work so well written down as opposed to being said with the correct phrasing, facial expressions, etc.

It was meant to be a light hearted joke, probably doesn't work so well written down as opposed to being said with the correct phrasing, facial expressions, etc.

Sorry my fault, I was being dense, the ... gives across the sarcasm fairly well I should have picked up on that

Interesting Blaze having a go at NPFTD, he was the support act on that tour!

Also, interesting to see Frank Marino mentioned in one of the articles linked. By coincidence I ripped my vinyl copy of Axe Attack yesterday (due to Running Free demo being on it), and there's a track from Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush on it, the track is pretty shit. I'd never heard of this guy before so presumed he was just some also ran from back in the day, surprised he's in a latest issue of a magazine today 40 years later.

From memory,
Essential album – Number of the Beast

One for connoisseurs – Seventh Son of Seventh Son

One to avoid – No Prayer for the Dying

Best DVD – Visions of the Beast.

Iron Maiden playlist, Hallowed be thy Name, Wasted Years, Infinite Dreams, Sign of the Cross, Futureal.

Songs to avoid, The Assassin, Weekend Warrior, and Hooks in You.

Back