Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pilgrim is an awesome song, one of their most underrated imo. Out of the Shadows is a great song too, but I think it's the weak link of AMOLAD.

Maybe they're releasing new studio opus next year, but if this one would become a mediocre and lame album - better not to do it at all, my friends.

Maybe they're releasing new studio opus next year, but if this one would become a mediocre and lame album - better not to do it at all, my friends.
Maiden have never released a truly terrible album. Even their worst have good moments. Better they release a new record with one great song and ten shit ones than nothing at all.

No....RLonger is correct. Time to face facts folks. Time to pull the plug. Maiden has been on life support since Di'Anno left and they've only gone further down hill. Might as well turn off the server that runs Maidenfans as well. Lights out folks. Time to pack it up. Shows over. Let's go home.

Maiden have never released a truly terrible album.

I beg to differ. Virtual XI is a pile of shit.

Even their worst have good moments.

Fair enough, I can salvage The (overrated) Clansman and Futureal, but the sound of that album is that of a band hitting rock bottom.

Better they release a new record with one great song and ten shit ones than nothing at all.

No, thanks. I would be happy if we get material of similar (good to great) quality as the stuff they have been releasing since 2000, but if the new album ends up being like Virtual XI I'd rather have no album at all.

I'd love to hear more of Virtual XI live and now with Bruce. It's a solid album that just needs better production and a touch more energy. Look what they did with Lord of the Flies with Bruce, it was incredible. Imagine Lightning Strikes Twice with Bruce live!

he would let people sing the chorus:

Chorus:
(he put the mic to the crowd)
Crowd: Lightning strikes twice!!!
Bruce: What???
Bruce: Come on come on
Bruce: I can f***ing hear you
Bruce: Yeaaaah!
:lol:

Virtual XI is, for the most part, a steaming pile of shit.
OMG VXI :( Exactly, in my opinion, this is the worst IM album on different levels: production, vocals, the artwork, booklet graphics - colours, most of the composition work is just auto plagiarism. This is the only studio album from IM which I've never been playing on my Hi-Fi. Hate it - so same as 1993 live trilogy. The lowest points in the whole Maiden history. Next "not so good" albums are "NPFTD", "DOD" and "TFF" - ain't perfect but 10 levels better than all this shit I'm recalling from their '90s. I found "AMOLAD" as pretty darky and interesting with most of the tunes, "BNW" - undisputed masterpiece, "TBOS" - should be next to "BNW". The whole discography from the '80s is the absolutely classic-era masterpieces and "FOTD" 50/50 masterpiece/mediocre, "TXF" is a bit different, but still very unique and interesting IMHO. On behalf of myself, that's all about Maiden's LEGACY :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back