LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw clips of Aces High on Quebec, and Bruce was fucking on point. It was the first clip of the show I'd seen of the US leg of the tour where Bruce is back to singing the chorus instead of shouting it. It's minor to most folks I bet, but it's huge to a guy like me who has a lot of amazing qualities and really is just a super fantastic human who everyone wants to be.

Saw clips of Aces High on Quebec, and Bruce was fucking on point. It was the first clip of the show I'd seen of the US leg of the tour where Bruce is back to singing the chorus instead of shouting it. It's minor to most folks I bet, but it's huge to a guy like me who has a lot of amazing qualities and really is just a super fantastic human who everyone wants to be.

Not minor to this guy!

I'm a former musician and a stickler to detail....someone should advise Bruce NOT to bail out of the vocals on harmony parts to either exhort audience participation or drop an octave...Steve and Adrian can hit their notes, but do NOT have quality voices to be out there on their own on the choruses (RTTH, WICKER, FOI etc)

Having said that...Bruce's prolonged scream on BEAST right before the verse needs to be "recalibrated"....he simply cannot hit it high end and is just hollering. I cringed live, and I've cringed watching the bootleg videos showing up on an almost daily basis.

This is an honest question about tickets: are they accepting tickets other than mobile entry tickets? For example, can I purchase a ticket that is sent to my email?
My friends and I are trying to figure out where to get tickets for the Nashville show and this is the only hold up.

This is an honest question about tickets: are they accepting tickets other than mobile entry tickets? For example, can I purchase a ticket that is sent to my email?
My friends and I are trying to figure out where to get tickets for the Nashville show and this is the only hold up.

As far as I know, mobile entry is the only method for Nashville. It was the only way to select the tickets when I bought mine, and there are no other options available if I try to change the method currently.

Just checked out a clip from Quebec. The "fly to liiiive" on that first chorus is the best I've heard in ages. Even the second half of the verse was ok (which has sounded frankly awful at some gigs)

I'll agree on the positive assessment of Aces High at Quebec, however I will contend that Bruce sounded strained as all fuck on Hallowed. Way more than last year. I'm thinking placing it in the encore was a bit overambitious ever for him.

e: Also he should do what he did last year at some gigs and just cut out the "scream for me" bit on Hallowed. It sounds absolutely terrible. I have no idea why he keeps doing it because it definitely doesn't sound like the noise that comes out of his mouth on those lines is very healthy for his vocal chords.

I'll agree on the positive assessment of Aces High at Quebec, however I will contend that Bruce sounded strained as all fuck on Hallowed. Way more than last year.

He probably has not fully recovered yet from his illness. The encore is particularly challenging even if you are at 100%

Last edited:
As far as I know, mobile entry is the only method for Nashville. It was the only way to select the tickets when I bought mine, and there are no other options available if I try to change the method currently.
Thank you! I figured that was the case. We looked at some aftermarket sellers, but not all of the tickets had the mobile entry option. Naturally that raised a couple red flags. I don’t want to risk not being able to get in for not having the right ticket format.

I’m not going to pretend I know anything one way or the other (nobody here does), but I really wouldn’t be surprised if Legacy of the Beast goes into 2020. I’d take any rumors with a grain of salt but it is a big tour for them (not to mention expensive) and Steve did hint at going three years in a recent interview.
I'm quite sure this will happened. Maybe european B concert markets in may/june 2020. I hope this will include Slovenia. Last Maiden concert here was back in june 2007.

Last edited:
I will be in minority here, but Bruce's performance this year leaves a lot to be desired. Band must make adjustments, to help him perform better. It's TIME for them to make necessary changes. The Tide is turning and not for the better. I am a fan, but I'm not blind.

Last edited:
I will be in minority here, but Bruce's performance this year leaves a lot to be desired. Band must make adjustments, to help him perform better. It's TIME for them to make necessary changes. The Tide is turning and not for the better. I am a fan, but I'm not blind.

He has been improving throughout the tour, which suggests it was quite probably illness-related.

To put things into perspective, even sick Bruce sounds much better live these days than he did in the second half of the 80s.

He has been improving throughout the tour, which suggests it was quite probably illness-related.

To put things into perspective, even sick Bruce sounds much better live these days than he did in the second half of the 80s.

Bruce compares to Ronnie James in his final years....given his age and the challenging material...remarkable voice.

RJD seemed to have better instincts on when to "pull back" on the more challenging vocal parts. Bruce isn't 'there' yet.

The fact that these guys tape every gig makes this puzzling to me...you would think Bruce would give a listen and make some honest assessments and requisite adjustments. Just not seeing this....

Bruce compares to Ronnie James in his final years....given his age and the challenging material...remarkable voice.

RJD seemed to have better instincts on when to "pull back" on the more challenging vocal parts. Bruce isn't 'there' yet.

The fact that these guys tape every gig makes this puzzling to me...you would think Bruce would give a listen and make some honest assessments and requisite adjustments. Just not seeing this....

Ronnie also started tuning down because he knew the overall performance would sound better and save his voice...

He probably has not fully recovered yet from his illness. The encore is particularly challenging even if you are at 100%
I know, hence why I said it might be a bit overambitious. It's a damn solid encore, yes, but TETMD to Hallowed to RTTH is a lot, even if Bruce deliberately coasts through a lot of the first to save energy for the latter two. From what I've seen he's quite solid on RTTH usually, so I feel like swapping out Hallowed with something easier in the main set would be the only truly necessary change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back