Maidenfans Meetups 2019

Maybe! I got pit tickets this time so it all depends on if I win FTTB and how much pushing I wanna do.

Pretty much me too. Have pit tickets, it all depends on if I win FTTB.

If I do win, I will more than likely go to the amphitheater as early as possible, making it hard to meet up.

If I don't, then yeah, I'll have a couple hours to kill before the show, so I can meet up somewhere then.

Annnnnnnd I’ve won first to the barrier! Anyone have experiences with this? Tips and tricks?
Go early like around 12pm or 1pm and get in the FTTB line. Usually the fans decide where to line things up, there really isn't any rules when I've done it.

I also got FTTB for Chicago! MrKnickerbocker, it'll be nice being able to meet you.

Lampwick, LooseCannon, this makes meeting up with you guys beforehand a bit tougher. I'll probably be playing it by ear that day, but just please understand if I want to get to the venue as early as possible.

Annnnnnnd I’ve won first to the barrier! Anyone have experiences with this? Tips and tricks?

I won FTTB for St Louis back in 2017. I arrived at the meetup line around 4pm that day. Laz or whoever the FTTB reps are gave us wristbands, and allowed us into the venue like 30 minutes before the regular gates open (which I would assume is around 6pm?), so we can get to the pit area and take our spots at the barrier. So if anything, I wouldn't get there any later than 4-5 pm, since that'll be when it starts to get crunch time.

Last edited:
I also got FTTB for Chicago! MrKnickerbocker, it'll be nice being able to meet you.

Lampwick, LooseCannon, this makes meeting up with you guys beforehand a bit tougher. I'll probably be playing it by ear that day, but just please understand if I want to get to the venue as early as possible.

I won FTTB for St Louis back in 2017. I arrived at the meetup line around 4pm that day. Laz or whoever the FTTB reps are gave us wristbands, and allowed us into the venue like 30 minutes before the regular gates open (which I would assume is around 6pm?), so we can get to the pit area and take our spots at the barrier. So if anything, I wouldn't get there any later than 4-5 pm, since that'll be when it starts to get crunch time.
It may have worked for you pretty well that day, when I did it in Vegas last there were 20 people in line at 1pm. Depending on how they let people in that might not be good enough to get the barrier.

It may have worked for you pretty well that day, when I did it in Vegas last there were 20 people in line at 1pm. Depending on how they let people in that might not be good enough to get the barrier.

Guess it mostly depends on the city. Vegas, I could understand the need to be in line as early as possible.

St. Louis, yeah, I arrived around 4pm and was around 10th in line.

So, just use your own judgement. Even if you don't get right on the barrier, you're still guaranteed to be amongst the first 100 people let into the pit area.

Guess it mostly depends on the city. Vegas, I could understand the need to be in line as early as possible.

St. Louis, yeah, I arrived around 4pm and was around 10th in line.

So, just use your own judgement. Even if you don't get right on the barrier, you're still guaranteed to be amongst the first 100 people let into the pit area.
In Vegas it was a free for all because when the doors opened up everyone crammed to get in because there were 4 different lines for metal detectors. I also got stuck behind some people who didn't know about the paperless ticket policy. I did manage to get the barrier, but I got Janicks end of the stage. I really wanted to be on Davey's side, which is the goal this time!

will be at bufords across the street from ppg paints arena tomorrow between 330-4

will be wearing the 2010 final frontier soccer jersey

@MrKnickerbocker

What are your plans for showing up to the amphitheater tomorrow?

I'm just a bit dumbfounded. I got an email a few days ago, from Live Nation, telling me that the parking lot of the amphitheater isn't even opening until 5pm. Yet the FTTB email says we have to be lined up at the designated area between 5-5:30pm. Which leaves very little time, even if everything goes smoothly, to get there, get parked, get to box office (because my tickets are being held on Will Call) and getting to the FTTB area.

Are you having the same experience, or am I missing something? I just find it asinine that the parking lot to the amphitheater is saying it won't be open until 5pm, when we're clearly on a time limit leading up to that point for FTTB.

@MrKnickerbocker

What are your plans for showing up to the amphitheater tomorrow?

I'm just a bit dumbfounded. I got an email a few days ago, from Live Nation, telling me that the parking lot of the amphitheater isn't even opening until 5pm. Yet the FTTB email says we have to be lined up at the designated area between 5-5:30pm. Which leaves very little time, even if everything goes smoothly, to get there, get parked, get to box office (because my tickets are being held on Will Call) and getting to the FTTB area.

Are you having the same experience, or am I missing something? I just find it asinine that the parking lot to the amphitheater is saying it won't be open until 5pm, when we're clearly on a time limit leading up to that point for FTTB.

Yep, that’s what I saw too. I’m gonna drive up to the parking lot around 4:45pm and swing for the rafters.

@Detective Beauregard and I will either hit up a brewery or two beforehand or go to the Maiden party at Side Street Tavern (though I’m not sure I wanna pay a cover and yell over a Maiden tribute band before the show).

@Lampwick 43 and @LooseCannon - what’s your plan?

@Detective Beauregard and I will either hit up a brewery or two beforehand or go to the Maiden party at Side Street Tavern (though I’m not sure I wanna pay a cover and yell over a Maiden tribute band before the show).

@Lampwick 43 and @LooseCannon - what’s your plan?
Well I was planning on Side Street. Is there really a cover? I might end up going somewhere else if there is. I'm gonna be meeting up with a buddy beforehand, but I'm not quite sure what time that'll be yet. I don't have pit tickets this time, so I'm not going to be in a big rush to be getting to the venue super early.

I don't have work, or anything else of any major importance, to do tomorrow, so I should honestly be free to start the pregaming anytime. Let me know when you and DB plan on starting off your pre-show festivities, and there's a decent chance I'll be able to join you fine fellas.

Back