Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

This is great. First IM member on Instagram officially.

(I also think Nicko has one, but there is nothing on it).

Here's a little piece on the first videos shown on the first day MTV aired. Intersting piece to keep in mind the next time Bruce rants about MTV and not needing the media, which should be any second now actually.

Apparently Iron Maiden and Wrathchild were both aired in the first few hours and Wrathchild was in heavy rotation. Of course the Run to the Hills video really set the stage for Maiden, especially in the US...

Adrian Smith's wife talks Adrian into letting her create an instagram page in his name on which she occassionally publishes photos and small videos snippets of their daily life :bigsmile:

Hopefully all those crazy Maiden fans can act sorta civil so they don't scare them away.

Here's a little piece on the first videos shown on the first day MTV aired. Intersting piece to keep in mind the next time Bruce rants about MTV and not needing the media, which should be any second now actually.

Apparently Iron Maiden and Wrathchild were both aired in the first few hours and Wrathchild was in heavy rotation. Of course the Run to the Hills video really set the stage for Maiden, especially in the US...
I always thought those rants were supreme bullshit anyway. Why would they have kept making videos through the 80s if they weren't getting played on MTV, thus raising awareness of the band in the US, thus leading to more album and ticket sales?

:)

Hopefully this works. I uploaded it here:

You should be able to download the full PDF from there. I forgot to scan in colour though.

Wasn't sure if you already had the second part of Blaze's diaries in fanclub magazine #53. So I scanned that as well to be sure!

WOW mate! I cannot express how gratefull I'm for this! Been looking for those for years as I remembered reading the first one (NOT THE SECOND ONE!!! SO DOUBLE THANKS!) eaons ago! Thank you so very much and hope I can help you with something in the future

WOW mate! I cannot express how gratefull I'm for this! Been looking for those for years as I remembered reading the first one (NOT THE SECOND ONE!!! SO DOUBLE THANKS!) eaons ago! Thank you so very much and hope I can help you with something in the future

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help :) Just remember to hit the download button and download the PDF so that you can read it in much better quality :)

:)

Hopefully this works. I uploaded it here:

You should be able to download the full PDF from there. I forgot to scan in colour though.

Wasn't sure if you already had the second part of Blaze's diaries in fanclub magazine #53. So I scanned that as well to be sure!
That actually made for quite sad reading. Such a promising start, and it all turned to ashes so quickly afterwards. Poor Blaze :(

(Incidentally, the 7th page seems to have got lost a bit over the left-hand edge ...)

Back