LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, for example let's take Aces High from Rio 1985 (which is for sure not doctored), again pitchy and a shoutfest:
And then Flight 666 version, which again shows a much more mature singer:
Although Flight 666's version is treated in studio it's not even close to a somehow over the top performance in RIR 85. And I won't even pull out both versions from Life After Death (Video and Album) that are simply mind blowing (hey you decide how much there is overdubed). Here's another example:

compare it to this SBIT bootleg:

Or even this Edhunter tour recording treated in studio (OOTSP B' side)

In both you can check the following aspects (although back in 99 in a much diminute fashion): Bruce struggles to breathe among verses (even at way slower tempo) when the tone goes up, on the pre chorus he simply speaks the lyrics and in the chorus he goes a bit out of tune each time the "live to fly" and "fly to live parts" kick in. Plus during SBIT his registry is way more scratchy what's absolutely fine since a 50 year old dude doesn't have the same diaphragm stretch, vocal chord softness and breath attack of a 26 year old.

Although Flight 666's version is treated in studio it's not even close to a somehow over the top performance in RIR 85. And I won't even pull out both versions from Life After Death (Video and Album) that are simply mind blowing (hey you decide how much there is overdubed). Here's another example:

compare it to this SBIT bootleg:

Or even this Edhunter tour recording treated in studio (OOTSP B' side)

In both you can check the following aspects (although back in 99 in a much diminute fashion): Bruce struggles to breathe among verses (even at way slower tempo) when the tone goes up, on the pre chorus he simply speaks the lyrics and in the chorus he goes a bit out of tune each time the "live to fly" and "fly to live parts" kick in. Plus during SBIT his registry is way more scratchy what's absolutely fine since a 50 year old dude doesn't have the same diaphragm stretch, vocal chord softness and breath attack of a 26 year old.

Don't know what you want to prove here... I said that the World Slavery tour fried Bruce's voice and that Chicago bootleg is from the first half of the tour, where he sounded fine.

Also why is Bruce almost speaking the bridges nowadays? Well, IMO, because he is pacing himself for the chorus, which he actually sings not shouts like the later part of World Slavery tour.

LAD, on the other hand, especially the video version of Aces High is borderline listenable to me. The CD version is better and that is beacuse they had numerous nights to choose from. Still pitchy in parts.

Don't know what you want to prove here... I said that the World Slavery tour fried Bruce's voice and that Chicago bootleg is from the first half of the tour, where he sounded fine.

Also why is Bruce almost speaking the bridges nowadays? Well, IMO, because he is pacing himself for the chorus, which he actually sings not shouts like the later part of World Slavery tour.

LAD, on the other hand, especially the video version of Aces High is borderline listenable to me. The CD version is better and that is beacuse they had numerous nights to choose from. Still pitchy in parts.
Well I said my part and in a prety detailed fashion... If you don't know what I want to "prove" better leave it as it is. BR :)

OK, sitting in the parking lot now waiting to leave. Obviously the set was the same from Europe, but there were a couple changes.

- Eddie now has a little pyro pack that shoots sparks after he gets shot.
- May have been a first night mistake, but it sounds like they played the Revelations intro tape prior to Where Eagles Dare.
- Bruce just has the American flag draped from the musket.

Performance wise you can tell they were fired up. I also agree with whoever noted Bruce sounded to struggle with Hallowed, might’ve been the pacing.

Thought the Clansman speech was a but humorous with “Here’s a song that doesn’t start with a ‘K’, this is ‘The Clansman.’”

FTGGOG is a bit of a momentum killer. Luckily Wicker Man brings the audience back into it a little bit. Was surprised how big of a reaction Clansman got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back