Judas Priest

Well... If you think those are not enough times what can I say?

You were the one who claimed those songs are featured in approximately 90% of the shows for the last 25 years. I was merely pointing out that is incorrect.

But even if the scenario you painted above was right I think it's still redundant as hell and strongly centered on that group of songs. But once again if you don't agree what can I say? Opinions.

This is getting hilarious, as the information I presented about the songs not being played on those tours - mentioning the years in my post - was factual, not an opinion. :lol:

That being said, it wouldn't hurt to include even more variety when it comes to different songs being played by Maiden. 79 different ones since the reunion is fantastic, but let's hope we get many more before they call it a day.

Last edited:
But even if the scenario you painted above was right I think it's still redundant as hell and strongly centered on that group of songs. But once again if you don't agree what can I say? Opinions.

You're overstating the amount of songs in that group that are regularly played big time, as ghostofcain has pointed out. My experience is the group is that it only contains Iron Maiden, The Number of the Beast, Hallowed, The Trooper and Fear of the Dark. Iron Maiden being played at every gig since I started going, and the others dropped no more than twice in exceptional circumstances (hallowed due to court cases, fear of the dark early days tour, number of the beast due to all of amolad being played, trooper due to amolad and pro-reunion era setlist).

But also, every big band in the world have similar groups of hits they have to play.

Compare how often Maiden play RTTH to how often Metallica play Sandman, Sabbath play Paranoid, Priest play Breaking the Law, AC/DC play Thundersturck, GNR play Sweet Child of Mine etc.

Maiden have dropped TNOTB, Hallowed, Trooper and FOTD for tours, I'd wonder have Metallica ever dropped Puppets or One, Priest ever dropped Painkiller, Sabbath ever dropped War Pigs, AC/DC ever dropped Back in Black, GNR ever dropped Welcome to the Jungle?

Had a good chat with a kid about Priest last night. We agree that they're doing interesting stuff with the Firepower tour. I hope they come locally again next year.

Well... I stated my mind about Maiden.
As for AC/DC and Gn'R I can't speak because I'm not even a fan.
Sabbath vary waaaaaaaay more their setlist depending on the vocalist they're playing (there are even shows where NOTHING from the 70's is on the setlist).
Metallica always play One, Master, Sandman, For Whom The Bell Tolls and then it really rotates a lot (even from venue to venue).
And yes: not only can I imagine Priest not playing Painkiller but...

Last edited:
You were the one who claimed those songs are featured in approximately 90% of the shows for the last 25 years. I was merely pointing out that is incorrect.

This is getting hilarious, as the information I presented about the songs not being played on those tours - mentioning the years in my post - was factual, not an opinion. :lol:

That being said, it wouldn't hurt to include even more variety when it comes to different songs being played by Maiden. 79 different ones since the reunion is fantastic, but let's hope we get many more before they call it a day.

Let's see the "facts":

Run To The Hills was indeed played in the last shows of BNW (when they made 6 solidary shows to help Burr)

Wrathchild, NOTB, RTTH, The Trooper, 2 Minutes and TETMD were indeed played during the 2nd leg of AMOLAD (named A Matter Of The Beast)

Wrathchild was indeed played during the 2nd leg of TBOS (hell! this was even featured in an official release!:facepalm:)

Ah... to sum it all take a look at this:

But then again (since it's a Priest thread)... it is what it is :rolleyes:.

Now back to JP ok?

Last edited:
I really dig the Wrathchild track by Iron Maiden.
I also like it a lot... and Number Of The Beast and The Trooper are among my favorite Maiden tracks. But the point I was trying get is that the band tends to gravitate too much towards those 9 songs when they could risk a bit more and recover long lost classics. Just it.

Now back to Priest ok? ;)

Let's see the "facts":

Run To The Hills was indeed played in the last shows of BNW (when they made 6 solidary shows to help Burr)

Wrathchild, NOTB, RTTH, The Trooper, 2 Minutes and TETMD were indeed played during the 2nd leg of AMOLAD (named A Matter Of The Beast)

Wrathchild was indeed played during the 2nd leg of TBOS (hell! this was even featured in an official release!:facepalm:)

Ah... to sum it all take a look at this:

But then again... it is what it is :rolleyes:.

Why don't you try reading what I posted originally (i.e. my message including the years when the songs were not played)? I copy the message here again for your convenience. I have highlighted it in red and bold the information you apparently have missed (no need to highlight anything about 2 Minutes to Midnight or The Evil that Men Do, as my original message already acknowledges they were played on the tours you mention).

Wrathchild was not played on the following tours: GMETID (2003), AMOLAD (2006), SBIT (2008), TFF (2011), ME (2012-2013), TBOS (2016), LOTB (2018).
The Number of the Beast was not played on the AMOLAD tour (2006).
Run to the Hills was not played on the following tours: BNW (2000), AMOLAD (2006), TFF (2010-2011), TBOS (2016-2017).
Hallowed be Thy Name was not played on the following tours: ME (2012-2014), TBOS (2017).
The Trooper was not played on the following tours: AMOLAD (2006), TFF (2010).
2 Minutes to Midnight was not played on the following tours: DOD (2003-2004), The Early Days (2005), TFF (2010), TBOS (2016-2017)
The Evil That Men Do was not played on the following tours: GMETID (2013), DOD (2003-2004), The Early Days (2005), TFF (2010), TBOS (2016-2017)

On a related note, Iron Maiden did play Run to the Hills twice in 2001 (Chile and Rock in Rio) and 3 times in 2002 (they only played 3 benefit shows for Clive Burr in 2002, not 6).

Sabbath vary waaaaaaaay more their setlist depending on the vocalist they're playing (there are even shows where NOTHING from the 70's is on the setlist).

I would not consider Heaven and Hell to be strictly Black Sabbath to be honest, although that is probably a completely different debate.

Last edited:
Back to Judas Priest:

- What are the odds of them playing any Ripper-era tracks in the celebrations of their 50th anniversary?
- Will we get to see them as a headline act in Europe next year or is the Ozzy-support band status going to continue ad nauseam?

Yep, me too. They don't deserve to be the supporting band of Ozzy. He must be the supporting act to Priest. At the same time I thought Uriah Heep don't deserve the supporting band of anybody.

They did it back with Tony and Dio in some tours.

May I ask when? I find it quite surprising that Black Sabbath would neglect to play at least some Ozzy material live with Dio (they definitely did that in the early 80s and in the early 90s) or Tony Martin.

Thanks in advance.

They never did it with Tony Martin (the Tony I was referring to was Iommi, the leader of the band). And yes... I was mistaken. The only time they never played 70's stuff was during the HNH tour (hey... we all know it was not under Black Sabbath's name only because of that damned lawsuit) . But they could easily play it and decided not to. I really tend to count it as a BS album and tour. And an excellent one.

Back