Bruce Dickinson

30% sounds right, assuming they mean actual amount of contribution, not just the number of the songs. One of the liner notes (I think AOB remaster) says that he was brought in when a second guitar was needed. I'm guessing that means he only played leads or solos. The rhythm guitar (which makes up the bulk of a song) is probably all Roy Z apart from the songs H helped write.

He is on crutches apparently at the moment...

But before everybody starts panicking, he was operated on his heel, which bothered him since 2010 when he landed awkwardly when jumping from the trusses.

I did a little bit of research on this. According to the Voice of Crube commentary track on Best of Bruce Dickinson, the song was mixed/finished around the time of The Chemical Wedding, but the original recording took place during the Accident of Birth sessions. From what I understand, Adrian was brought on somewhat later in the process, so it's likely that some recordings were done without him that he added parts to later. Since Wicker Man didn't make it on to the album, he probably never recorded parts for it.
You're actually totally right. I re-listened to the commentary and Bruce specifically says something like "recorded with Roy Z and the band" and well, that's really obvious, isn't it? He means Roy Z and the Tribe of Gypsies, Adrian obviously excluded. Funny, I didn't even consider it because I forgot Adrian wasn't there from the beginning. Both the solos admittedly do sound like Roy Z so I'm not surprised. Good that we got that cleared up.

I don't mind if he sings sit in a stool. It'll works for me.
He also could be the walk-on Eddie during the guitar solos

Note: how that sofa is keeping in the air?

Possible new album image

2175493.main_image.jpg

Out of curiosity, how do you know that? :)

Thanks!

Simply because of the timing of it + Bruce's book. They presumably finished the album and the tour is 2 months away. Perfect timing to get this done. And Bruce was saying on different occasions that his right foot is still aching him because of jumping from the truss in 2010.

I would be a lot more worried if Nicko broke his arm now instead of November last year.

Simply because of the timing of it + Bruce's book. They presumably finished the album and the tour is 2 months away. Perfect timing to get this done. And Bruce was saying on different occasions that his right foot is still aching him because of jumping from the truss in 2010.

I thought you were in the know!

I think he won't attend the honorary doctorate awards in Helsinki

They say:
He will receive the honorary doctor degree absent.

Back