Favorite 10 bands/artists from your home country

The Keeper albums are definitely Helloween's best, but they have many more good songs outwith those albums, most notably on 'Gambling With The Devil'.
Agree on KOTSK saga being their best but anything they made after Kiske left being better than Walls Of Jericho? :facepalm:.

Last edited:
I like Kreator but I don't like PTK either. Try Extreme Aggression and Coma of Souls.
Agreed. Those 2 albums may be Kreator's best moment. I have mad respect for Pleasure To Killsince it was ultra influential to lots of extreme metal bands. But in all honesty, although I love me some Ripping Corpse, The Pestilence or Under The Guillotine, it's a bit sloppy and basic when compared with those 2 records. I would also add Violent Revolution and Hordes Of Chaos, though.

Last edited:
The only band from around here that I truly love is Massacration
Massacration is simply great and brought me to tears of laughter several times! Have both albums and any band that features verses like "Spikes, black leather' s the power of steel/ You don't like heavy metal vai pra puta que pariu!" deserves my admiration ahahahahahah. And their interviews/ sketches are simply a must see (If there was any version out there with subtitles I would strongly everyone here to take a peak). Plus Bruno Sutter is one hell of a commediant and a performer (Hey don't forget Detonator's solo record by the way!):D:D:D:D

Brazillian music is not really my speed.
Qual é? Brasil é terra de músico a sério! I really love a lot of brasilian artists from diverse areas: From acts like Zé Ramalho and Tom Jobim to extreme stuff like RDP and Facada, passing through bands like Sepultura, Titãs, CSS, Ação Direta and even Angra's earlier stuff (just to mention some) there's loads and loads of excellent music from your country. Hey and the almighty Massacration, of course!

3: Therapy?
2: Rory Gallagher
1: Thin Lizzy

There's a few more bands that I have albums from but to be honest don't really listen to, e.g. Glyder and Cruachan. I've tried Primordial but there's too much extreme metal influences for my tastes.

Try some God Is An Astronaut with an opened mind (it's soft and may surprise you)

Well this wasn’t easy other than the first band.

Pagan’s mind
Immortal
Susperia
Satyricon
Grimfist
Arcturus
Deride
Mayhem
Darkthrone
Burzum

OK, so...I live in Canada, which means that we don't have a huge amount of great metal acts here. We have a few pretty classic acts (Rush, Nazareth, Anvil) and we have a few interesting up-and-comers, but it's not a country particularly known for heavy metal.

OK, so...I live in Canada, which means that we don't have a huge amount of great metal acts here. We have a few pretty classic acts (Rush, Nazareth, Anvil) and we have a few interesting up-and-comers, but it's not a country particularly known for heavy metal.

It doesn't need to be Heavy Metal. Plus Devin Townsend, Voivod, Annihilator, Zimmer's Hole, Kittie, Critopsy, SYL, Beneath The Massacre, Exciter...

Kai Hansen is a terrible singer. The songs are good but the vocals leave much to be desired.
Not as good as Kiske for sure... But in the same level as Deris (vulgar). The only difference is that WOJ is better than any post Kiske album by LIGHT YEARS.

Nazareth? Aren't they Scottish from Dunfermline?

Back