Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
so…6 weeks to get the album finished and maybe if the guy that master the album, also master the rumoured Live album

If he comes up with the idea and spreads it, I guess technically that counts as a rumour. Like me saying Adrian is doing a collaboration with David Gilmour. BAM! Rumour.

I remember that rumour. There were no additional cameras in Krakow so it definitely wasn't filmed for a live release unless they go the Live Chapter route again.

I hate this sort of bullshit. You're already undermining an album in your mind based on some arbitrary idea that if they spent more time that means it's better. Chinese Democracy took fucking years and it's shit.
You couldn't be more wrong my friend*. If anything I'm guilty of trying too hard to like Maiden's new material, as they are my favorite band and I'd love to be able to say they are as good as they have ever been into their 4th decade, as I think longevity is one of the marks of a truly great band. For the record, when trying to make an assessment without any bias at all, I genuinely don't think they are too far away from it at all - I'm a huge modern Maiden fan and prefer AMOLAD to Powerslave and POM. This doesn't mean I wouldn't object to them creating a slightly more polished album this time around. Neither does it mean that if Steve were to say they had taken the "live approach", that I would be predisposed to dislike it, much like your standard nothing-good-since-1985 blabbermouth commenter. If and when the album comes out I will listen to it with as open a pair of ears as possible, and if it happens to be good shit I will be a very happy man.

*not about Chinese Democracy, that is trash.
Why would Nicko have to be around when Bruce is overdubbing his vocals? It makes absolutely no sense.
That's not what I was getting at. I meant more that, if Nicko was only rumored to be in Paris for a short period of time, one of my first thoughts would be along the lines of "I hope this doesn't mean they've left in a take where he drops the stick just for the sake of it". Again this is baseless speculation based on rumours, but frankly, there's 216 pages of that already in this thread.
Therefore speculating on the quality of the speculated just recorded album based on rumoured Paris studio time seems kinda misplaced.
It probably is. My 1am attempt to bring this back on topic was not intended to be a University thesis on Maiden's time in the studio, more a poorly worded summary of a thought I had at the time.

If he comes up with the idea and spreads it, I guess technically that counts as a rumour. Like me saying Adrian is doing a collaboration with David Gilmour. BAM! Rumour.
I think that I heard at several occasions that shows during European leg were recorded in full (first night at Cracow for example) and that given size of stage and effort that they put into it - it would be stupid not to release live album.

As far as new album goes - I'm afraid of mixing. On BoS sometimes it was hard for me to hear anything

I hate this sort of bullshit. You're already undermining an album in your mind based on some arbitrary idea that if they spent more time that means it's better. Chinese Democracy took fucking years and it's shit.
I strongly disagree with the content and especially attacking tone of this post.
Undermining? Come on. It is an individual view on the matter. How would that harm? Harm what? Some sort of politbureau enforced consensus?

Anyway, the last album had some hastely recorded (and perhaps also written) moments imo.

While I like rough and lively sound (No Prayer) I also dig polished Maiden (SIT).
Mixing and getting a certain sound also takes studio time. So I am probably "mixing" some things up now.

Still, it could be interesting to compare studio times of albums of the past but writing times are difficult if not impossible. People worked individually and small groups before they gathered collectively. Or used old ideas.

Last edited:
Undermining? Come on. It is an individual view on the matter. How would that harm? Harm what? Some sort of politbureau enforced consensus?

The album isn't released and there is absolutely no information about it at all. I think people should wait until it's out before saying the glass is half empty.

EDIT: if it seems that I was attacking the original poster, then apologies. I was attacking the internet phenomenon of mistaking negativity for critical analysis not the poster.

The album isn't released and there is absolutely no information about it at all. I think people should wait until it's out before saying the glass is half empty.

EDIT: if it seems that I was attacking the original poster, then apologies. I was attacking the internet phenomenon of mistaking negativity for critical analysis not the poster.

I never felt you were attacking me, but did want to add a bit more to what I said, as if anything I'm on your side in this.

It was really frustrating and disappointing, in the run up to TBOS, reading comments from people saying all the usual stuff of "Maiden haven't made good music in decades" and "This album will be complete shit. Because of course they took this attitude into hearing the album, and if you really want yourself to dislike an album to prove a point, you will.

So of course when the album came out, the same people were there commenting on the reviews with things along the lines of "wasn't i right - I didn't even make it through a full listening", like they'd somehow won, and the modern maiden fans had lost. TBOS is a lot of music to digest and I didn't like it at first. If people hate it then fair enough, but I get very annoyed by people saying albums are terrible without ever giving them a proper chance.

Didn't the original interview from Steve suggesting they'd record around now indicate they already had ideas? Its entirely possible the band was composing during the last couple tours. Hasn't happened in awhile but we know that's how a lot of stuff came together in the 80s - especially the Bruce/H compositions.

Anyway, I'm fine with them doing whatever works. If it's bad, it's bad. If it's good, then it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back