Metallica

Nowhere. I saw them 20 years ago and I am afraid they would have to live with the memories of the time they saw me in their audience.
A little bit too late I guess
latest

A little bit too late I guess
latest

True.

I never was a massive Metallica fan to begin with, so I missed them in the early 90s. By the time I saw them live in Lisbon in 1999, they were enjoyable but far from overwhelming. Aerosmith, whose music I like but do not enjoy as much as Metallica's, were miles better on the same festival.

True.

I never was a massive Metallica fan to begin with, so I missed them in the early 90s. By the time I saw them live in Lisbon in 1999, they were enjoyable but far from overwhelming. Aerosmith, whose music I like but do not enjoy as much as Metallica's, were miles better on the same festival.
Hey it only said "Nowhere, full stop" when I replied.
But I get you. Never seen them live, was in the army when they played in Bulgaria in 1999, didn't regret at all missing them.

Hey it only said "Nowhere, full stop" when I replied.
But I get you. Never seen them live, was in the army when they played in Bulgaria in 1999, didn't regret at all missing them.

:lol: I assumed you saw them back in 1993 and told me that it was when they were great live.

:lol: I assumed you saw them back in 1993 and told me that it was when they were great live.
I saw them in ‘87 and ‘88 and both were great shows. But I heard it went downhill afterward, so I never bothered to see them again.

Saw them in 2017 and 2018. Both times were very good. I was on the rail for the last show in particular. Not as good as Maiden though..

It's interesting that most people here seem to think that Metallica's shows suck nowadays.

In spite of the clear limitations of Lars and Kirk live, I don't think they suck (at least based on the live clips they release), but their setlist for this European leg and the extortionate ticket prices mean that they would have to remember me from the last time they saw me in Lisbon 20 years ago.

I'll find the answer to that in July. Recently Metallica has seemed a little tired, though. They tour way too much.

Back