Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would it boost ticket sales? Most people going to these concerts (especially in the States) don’t want to hear them play new music, I doubt there are any holdouts who are suddenly going to want to check out the tour knowing an album is also out.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed every time I hear that one of them is no longer in Paris. It reduces the likelihood of my fantasy that this time they will actually put a lot of time and effort into the writing and in particular the recording of this album.

Don't get me wrong, I love most of Maiden's recent album's. But that doesn't mean i couldn't have loved them more with a few extra takes here and there, or maybe the odd bit of trimming to certain repetitions.

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed every time I hear that one of them is no longer in Paris. It reduces the likelihood of my fantasy that this time they will actually put a lot of time and effort into the writing and in particular the recording of this album.

Don't get me wrong, I love most of Maiden's recent album's. But that doesn't mean i couldn't have loved them more with a few extra takes here and there, or maybe the odd bit of trimming to certain repetitions.
By the way, does anybody know which IM album took the longest time to write?

I hate this sort of bullshit. You're already undermining an album in your mind based on some arbitrary idea that if they spent more time that means it's better. Chinese Democracy took fucking years and it's shit.

Why would Nicko have to be around when Bruce is overdubbing his vocals? It makes absolutely no sense.

If they spent more time they would probably end up with even more songs. Not shorter songs.

Also, this is studio time as far as we're aware. Who knows how much pre-writing was done beforehand? Did Bruce & Adrian meet-up before all this, like they did before BoS? Was there quite a lot of material left over from BoS (as speculated) in terms of fully-fledged songs? Did they have any number of unknown, undocumented writing sessions before this rumoured studio period? We don't know any of this. Therefore speculating on the quality of the speculated just recorded album based on rumoured Paris studio time seems kinda misplaced.

Also, this is studio time as far as we're aware. Who knows how much pre-writing was done beforehand? Did Bruce & Adrian meet-up before all this, like they did before BoS? Was there quite a lot of material left over from BoS (as speculated) in terms of fully-fledged songs? Did they have any number of unknown, undocumented writing sessions before this rumoured studio period? We don't know any of this. Therefore speculating on the quality of the speculated just recorded album based on rumoured Paris studio time seems kinda misplaced.
And, if I remember correctly, before LOTB European leg Steve said that they already have some song ideas and demos for the next album. So if they did some recording now time is not indicator of quality. Question is - did they record new album.

And, if I remember correctly, before LOTB European leg Steve said that they already have some song ideas and demos for the next album. So if they did some recording now time is not indicator of quality. Question is - did they record new album.
Indeed. My comment was directed at the Paris-time=quality crew.
I wonder how much of Bruce's mythical solo album has ended up on Maiden XVII.
Anything with no Roy credits is always in with a chance you'd think.

Kev's latest Instagram post says that he's not seeing his family for another 6 weeks, don't know if that's still working on Maiden or if he'll be moving onto another project.

Kevin Shirley's news:
  • kevthecave
    Had a brilliant rainbow outside my apartment this week. Off to Barcelona for the F1 race and then London... Working out and healthy living but still 6 weeks ‘til I’m reunited with my family. I really miss them. @velocity_fitness is Da Bomb!

So... He would go to London to Master at Table of Tone Mastering and finish the work and then will reunite with his family in middle June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back