Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these rumours are correct, what would be the start date of the recording and when could we expect the album announcement?

Knowing that the band will finish the tour the october 15th in Chile and they're no going to add more dates after, makes me think that the band are going to take a rest until the spring of 2020 and then they will announce the next studio album recorded these days. The facts that makes me think this are:

1. Rest/Holidays and time for the family. They need rest and holidays, time to pass with family after an extensive tour. They're all over 60 and I don't think they're going to chain two consecutive tours how they did in 80's. Time for Bruce to do another things like the John Lord anniversary, attend his business in Cardiff, talking at entrepeneur seminars, release another kind of Beer, release another book, record his long awaited solo album or whatever…we know that Bruce has no time to lose. Steve will do the following:

2. British Lion's 2nd album is recorded
Kevin Shirley said in his instagram account with a pic of him and Steve: Working with Steve Harris on British Lion. Black Rock Studios Santorini, Greece. October 12, 2018

(Steve Harris spoke to The Metal Voice about the upcoming second album from his side project, BRITISH LION October 27, 2018):
According to Harris, the second BRITISH LION is completed, but there is still no firm release date in place. "We've finished recording," he said. "We haven't mastered it yet, and we haven't done the artwork yet, and we haven't decided when it's gonna go out, because I'm governed by, obviously, what happens with MAIDEN. So I can't arrange a tour or anything until I know what MAIDEN is doing. And we'll decide then when we'll release the album next year."
British Lion's website says: Listen to the long awaited studio version of one of the most loved new British Lion tracks Spit Fire here. Spit Fire will also feature in the band’s 2nd studio album, currently being worked on and slated for release in 2019.

So maybe the British Lion's second album is ready to release in early november and then they'll announce the touring dates trough Europe, Japan and other places as they did in 2018. I think they'll probably stop in January of the next year.

3. I think they liked how the things worked with The Book of Souls album (though these things came because the Bruce's cancer and the time all the band took while Bruce's recover obviously) They had more time to prepare the album in terms of marketing, artwork, stage production, promotion, tour planning, etc… the hype they created was very high too.
So this time while the band is touring trough july to october and the album is now recorded, everyone from the artist to the stage production designers have one year to prepare everything ready for the next album and tour.

4. Donnington or Bust! I'm sure Maiden will be 1 of the 3 big bands to headline Donnington next year. I'm sure Maiden will bring the new album to celebrate 40 years since the first one and 45 years of their career. I'm sure Judas Priest will be there to celebrate their 50th anniversary and they could be the supporters of that day. The same thing for Wacken and big Festivals in Europe. I think other bands could headline Donnington would be AC/DC with the new album. The other one could be Rammstein with the new album too. Megadeth, Anthrax, Testament could be part of the Donnington's lineup bands because they'll have ready a new album too.

5. LOTB Live album or/and DVD I'm sure that Maiden will capture some gig of this tour and will release something related with it, maybe a doble live album and/or dvd at the end of the year or early next year. The success of this tour together with a great stage production and the fact that the company needs something new to get out could make this possible until the new album will be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back