Megadeth

bAFNqw0.jpg

I have heard "Kingmaker" and "The Blackest Crow" from Super Collider. The first song seems to be considered the only good song on the album, and at any rate I did like it. "Blackest Crow", not so much.

Kingmaker is good. Frantic was good too though. I kind of like Dance in the Rain, I kind of don't. There's nothing else of note on that album.
'The Blackest Crow' is quite good. I also like 'Forget to Remember'. I think the main problem with that album was that Dave started working on it way too soon after the previous one. The title track is like some sort of Country Rock thing they'd sing in saloon bars in the Mid-West.
It's not really that interesting. Radio metal/hard rock
That sounds right up your street if you like 'Cryptic Writings', 'Risk' and 'The World Needs a Hero'. ::)

'The Blackest Crow' is quite good. I also like 'Forget to Remember'. I think the main problem with that album was that Dave started working on it way too soon after the previous one. The title track is like some sort of Country Rock thing they'd sing in saloon bars in the Mid-West.
I don't hear any country rock influences on the title track.

Built for war is kinda like something from St. Anger.
Indeed it is.

I struggle to see what was so good about Dave's vocals on those albums. But then I don't listen to those albums - because they suck.

He learned how to sing in 1990 and kept evolving until the surgery in 2010 which completely blew his voice.
I wasn't aware he had surgery. I did see some poor live performances from him though. Even if he did learn to sing the songs still sucked.

The System Has Failed has been bought. £2.64 inc. postage, bargain.

You guys kinda mentioned this album the least.
Great deal. Really great. 'The System Has Failed' is fine. 'Kick the Chair' and 'The Scorpion' are the stand out tracks I seem to remember.

I wasn't aware he had surgery. I did see some poor live performances from him though. Even if he did learn to sing the songs still sucked.
Yeah he had a neck surgery and they put some metallic thing in his throat which affected his vocal chords.

Great deal. Really great.
I aim to get CDs for under £3 (inc. postage; which is usually quoted at about £1.25 minimum). When you consider the alternative (for purchase, not streaming) for a DL is going to be £5.99(uncommon)/£6.99(sometimes)/£7.99(normal) --I still think CDs are worth acquiring. Only for music you really want to invest in, obviously. For any other junk I just listen on YouTube. Just got Master of Puppets for £2.77 too, but Ride the Lightning is proving more difficult to acquire for that kind of price; the search continues...

Back