GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
Cagey cretins, definitely.
Really, it’s the only pedestrian track on there.
Why? Limiting this to seven songs per album?

I need an equal and odd number of tracks on each album. After removing interlude/instrumentals/low scoring songs on other survivors, 7 looks to be the best number. Since we've never had a BOC survivor and it looks to me like every song on there is a "normal" song, I wasn't sure how to approach that one.

Not that bands are always right about such things, but Cretins is the only song that never made the cut live.

Astronomy, ME262 and Dominance were live staples, Eyes and Subhuman (which I think is inferior to the 1987 version on Imaginos, retitled Blue Oyster Cult) got their share of play and Telepaths and Career were the “singles” of this album.

Cretins is the obvious cut, IMO. Don’t imagine all your cuts will be that easy.
What albums are in?

First thought is Cagey Cretins but I listen to it alot in my morning commute to Kittery, ME (It's so lonely in the state of Maine!). I have to go Flaming Telepaths though. I do love all the tracks on there though. Especially Subhuman, Career of Evil and Harvester of Eyes. Harvester of Eyes has some wicked riffs.

I'm late but

Astronomy!

(their live version from Some Enchanted Evening is the best version imo)

I think most consider the Enchanted version the best.
But even then third-best version (I also prefer the Imaginos version) is superior to most of the songs we will be hearing in this game.

Who wants to play Septicflesh Survivor? There's only 4 albums, even with me hosting it shouldn't take too long to do it :p

Unless public opinion has shifted, I think we've been talking about doing an ABBAvivor once Ghost is complete.

Has there ever been a Helloween survivor around here? I would be curious about the Top 10 and about how well the Deris era compares to the Kiske era in the general opinion.

Has there ever been a Helloween survivor around here? I would be curious about the Top 10 and about how well the Deris era compares to the Kiske era in the general opinion.
There's been at least one in the past, should be able to be found via search.

There's been at least one in the past, should be able to be found via search.
Indeed, thank you: https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/helloween-survivor-finished-aaaaaah-its-halloween.20377/page-18
It has been 8 years though. Since, they have released 2 albums, 1 compilation featuring re-recorded versions and 1 "single" (for lack of a better term) - I'd be surprised if anything among those could qualify as top 10 material though (apart from "Pumpkins United" maybe).

Bringing the discussion here from the pop thread:
Quick question: would any of you participate in a Taylor Swift survivor?
Honestly, I'd love to host one, and I know a few people here who casually listen to her music and might take an interest in joining. The game could be an opportunity for those (and others) to try out her discography (which is so worth it, by the way), especially her first few albums, which don't get a lot of attention. Plus it would be a completely new scenario and a change of pace from previous survivors.

Would anyone play?

Back