Judas Priest

I've stopped going on Blabbermouth some time ago, but still follow them on Twitter. And yes, seeing his picture with saying "I'm a dick" does make you want to click the article.
Although Blabbermouth comments section is a cancerous pond, it does have its brilliant moments on click-bait articles like this one. My two favorite ones:

- You are what you eat.
- It's hard being a di**.

I finished Heavy Duty. In a word: brief. Didn't go into as much detail about the albums as I would've liked, but I suppose a lot of that is down to memory. Or maybe making those albums simply wasn't as interesting as I imagine.

As we all know, Priest wanted to release a double album called Twin Turbos back in 1986, but the idea was scrapped (because of the record company, I think?) and they released two separate albums instead - the more commercial hard rock songs were left for Turbo and the more heavier and less synth-driven songs for Ram It Down. At least 4 songs were written from the RID album for this project - the title track, ''Hard As Iron'', ''Love You To Death'' and ''Monsters Of Rock''.

If it was a double album then it would have contain more than 8 songs, but still... I decided to merge the two albums with the best songs from each ->

Twin Turbos project:

Disc one
Turbo Lover
2.Locked In
3.Ram It Down
4.Hard As Iron

Disc two
Out In The Cold
6.I'm A Rocker
7.Reckless
8.Thunder Road (great song, so typical for Priest - they decided to remove this song from RID album and instead to include the cover of ''Johnny B. Goode'' - which is a very good cover, but... :facepalm:)

bonus songs: Rock You All Around The World, Come And Get It and Heart Of A Lion (superb song - I could easily change it with one of the songs above)

Other songs left from this project are:

All Fired Up - bonus song on Turbo album.
Red, White & Blue
Prisoner Of Your Eyes
- very good ballad.
Turn On Your Light
Fire Burns Below
Under The Gun
- remains unreleased.
Fighting For Your Love - remains unreleased.
My Design - remains unreleased.

Last edited:
As we all know, Priest wanted to release a double album called Twin Turbos back in 1986, but the idea was scrapped (because of the record company, I think?) and they released two separate albums instead - the more commercial hard rock songs were left for Turbo and the more heavier and less synth-driven songs for Ram It Down. At least 4 songs were written from the RID album for this project - the title track, ''Hard As Iron'', ''Love You To Death'' and ''Monsters Of Rock''.

If it was a double album then it would have contain more than 8 songs, but still... I decided to merge the two albums with the best songs from each ->

Twin Turbos project:

Disc one
Turbo Lover
2.Locked In
3.Ram It Down
4.Hard As Iron

Disc two
Out In The Cold
6.I'm A Rocker
7.Reckless
8.Thunder Road (great song, so typical for Priest - they decided to remove this song from RID album and instead to include the cover of ''Johnny B. Goode'' - which is a very good cover, but... :facepalm:)

bonus songs: Rock You All Around The World, Come And Get It and Heart Of A Lion (superb song - I could easily change it with one of the songs above)

Other songs left from this project are:

All Fired Up - bonus song on Turbo album.
Red, White & Blue
Prisoner Of Your Eyes
- very good ballad.
Turn On Your Light
Fire Burns Below
Under The Gun
- remains unreleased.
Fighting For Your Love - remains unreleased.
My Design - remains unreleased.
I'm pretty sure if it was going to be a double album then they would have released both albums at the same time. If I'm correct they had Ram it Down written but the album had to be delayed due to the record companies decision.

No it was going to be a double album. Some of what got scrapped ended up Ram It Down, but a lot of stuff stayed on the cutting room floor.

Yeah, Ram it down is half-Turbo leftovers and new, heavy songs. The rest (or at least some tracks) of the unused Turbo leftovers were used as bonus tracks on some 2001 remasters (Fire burns below, Red, white & blue, Thunder road, Heart of a lion, Prisoner of your eyes, Turn on your light, All fired up)

Before 2 days Priest started their 2019 leg of the Firepower World Tour.

Richie promises a lot surprises in the coming months and changing the setlist heavily for the 2nd NA mini leg. (https://www.instagram.com/p/BtGZNb5AyYz/)..... (https://twitter.com/RichieFaulkner/status/1084499813654237184)

From the first night of the 2019 leg: the setlist contained 21 songs and they played the song ''Killing Machine'' for the first time since 1978.
They already played so many rarities during this tour.

Last edited:
I was referring to the show in Paris in 27 January 2019 (first night of the 2019 leg) where they were not a support to Ozzy.

Sorry, I presumed since it was the first night of Ozzy's tour tomorrow that it was also Priests.

Yeah true. I'm not a huge fan of 70s Priest in general.
70s Priest isn't necessarily best Priest, but it's certainly most iconic Priest. Still, I'm excited to see what this band might do as a followup to Firepower, should they decide to go back into the studio. If not, Firepower makes a hell of a swan song.

Back