The Concert Thread

I'm suffering metal withdrawal. :( Anti Nowhere League were decent tonight, but the audience and atmosphere were lousy. Too many sightseers wandering in and out of the room with beer and phones, chatting to mates.

I'm suffering metal withdrawal. :( Anti Nowhere League were decent tonight, but the audience and atmosphere were lousy. Too many sightseers wandering in and out of the room with beer and phones, chatting to mates.
Sad time, indeed. I was at Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats last night and the outskirts was the same as that. Each to their own an shit but I find it odd lookin across and seein a row of phones. It was bouncin down the front but so there I did migrate.
Great gig, first 30mins was a tad dull, band didnt seem in to it or at least the crowd weren't but the final 45mins was unreal, everything clicked. Maybe it was the Jagermeister.

This is like when my friend says "I wanna go see Def Leppard" and I see the floor will have seating. Disgusting.

I expect more of that sort of thing with seating (hence I choose the middle the row where possible, less chance of having to make way for people every few minutes :D ), but really, why push your way near the front, to just behind the 20 or so lively people, then stop in a huddle, turn around and chat throughout the main band? Then send girls out for beer every few minutes because they're more likely to get back in without a fight.

What the absolute fuck? Seatin for an acoustic show, dead on, otherwise fuck that. Do they expect people to sit durin Rock of Ages? Lunatics.
They're selling front row seats for over a grand, so I guess it's because they're greedy fucks.

Found out Blue Oyster Cult will be nearby, might get tickets to them. And Halestorm announced some more NA dates one is only an hour away so I likely will see them. This year is gonna break this students bank

Rumour that Ozzy's gig in Dublin on Weds is cancelled, story on Blabbermouth is he burst a blood vessel in his eye. Hopefully the gig being cancelled rumour is just trolling after someone heard the eye story.

To celebrate pay day I splurged on a few concerts tickets this morning. In the final week of March I'll be seeing Skarlett Riot in Oxford - a super poppy Rock band who I'm probably too old to be listening to but are good live - and The Lounge Kittens in London - female trio who do Rock and Pop songs in lounge music style with vocal harmonies - on Brexit Day/my birthday. Those shows follow up a couple in Birmingham the weekend before where I'll see Kamelot/Evergrey/Visions of Cheeselantis and Cellar Darling. At the end of June I will see Demons & Wizards play their first ever UK show. I don't know the D&W stuff well but they will probably play some Blind Guardian and Iced Earth songs and this will be the only chance I get to see Hansi or John playing live this year. I also bought a ticket for Power Metal Quest Fest in Birmingham at the end of September which has the very cheesey Ancient Bards headlining.

2019 is shaping up very nicely now. :)

22/3 Kamelot/Evergrey/Visions of Atlantis, Birmingham
24/3 Cellar Darling, Birmingham
26/3 Skarlett Riot, Oxford
29/3 The Lounge Kittens, London
16/4 Avantasia, London
6/6 Symphony X, London
30/6 Demons & Wizards, London
5/8 Iron Maiden, Montreal
8-11/8 Scorpions Sabaton, Anthrax, Powerwolf, Soilwork etc. @ Bloodstock Festival
28/9 Ancient Bards, Birmingham
25/11 Halestorm, Nottingham

I am also expecting/hoping for shows from Beyond the Black, Delain, Dream Theater and probably a few others. :edmetal:

Back