Judas Priest

Iron Maiden wrote some songs without Bruce Dickinson that still deserve to be played. Judas Priest did not write any songs without Rob Halford that deserve to be played.
I'll be contrarian and say that I'd love to see Priest take something like "Cathedral Spires" out on tour, even though I don't like the song but would like to see it played anyway. That said, none of the songs fit the Priest image (even the whole Demolition album, which I think is unironically pretty good, isn't Priest) while Maiden is always Maiden, even in their "off" moments. So it goes both ways - none of the songs really deserve to be played now, but it would be interesting to see them do it.

What are your thoughts on this article, Kal?
And more importantly, what are Kenny's thoughts on Kalata's thoughts on this article?
But what does Corey Taylor think of that?
And Rob Flynn. Don't forget him!
How can we fit Tobias Forge into this discussion?
We must also get Bruce Dickinson's opinion. Perhaps he'll tell us how KK's current plight will improve after Brexit.

According to KK, he and Tony Iommi are the two metal riff mongers that have ever been produced
I'm waiting for the day that he doesn't spew out some vain bullshit. God, he's like a whiny kid who lost his blocks and thinks that his friends need to give up theirs just for him.

Well every time he says something Blabbermouth writes an article about it, Kalata posts it, we continue talking about him, and he sells more books. I wouldn’t encourage him to stop now.

Well every time he says something Blabbermouth writes an article about it, Kalata posts it, we continue talking about him, and he sells more books. I wouldn’t encourage him to stop now.

It is what it is, you know.

About halfway in KK's book and he didn't say "it is what it is" yet. He did say "it was what it was" two times or so.
I can't say I have ever noticed him say "it is what it is" in video interviews either, although he does overuse the phrase "you know" an awful lot.

Edit: Steve Harris on the other hand used "it is what it is" in a lot of BL related interviews.

About halfway in KK's book and he didn't say "it is what it is" yet. He did say "it was what it was" two times or so.

Ripper probably learnt to use the phrase "It is what it is" from K.K.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ti...d-the-scenes-turbulence-in-judas-priest-camp/

"If you want a book, you tell all," Owens said. "I was around. I know what Ken's talking about. So it's not like he's fabricating stuff. People keep saying that's all he talks about [in interviews promoting the book]. No, he's not. People are interviewing him and asking him about the book. He's answering the questions that people are asking. It is what it is. I was there. I saw things happen. I saw how it ran. I saw how the band ran. And I'm not complaining about it; I was treated great. But I did see how it was run. And from what I see, he's not lying about stuff; he's just telling the truth."

Richard Christy's in the band (last Death and Control Denied drummer) so I've been meaning to check them out... maybe I'll do that in my 365 albums thing. Who knows?

How come nobody did this yet?

Wa4gVOvl.png

I'm on the last pages of Heavy Duty. Must admit, while it was a fun read, it's not very informative. Also breezes through a lot of things without going into much detail, the '70s albums in particular. And the '90s, Demolition is summed up in a couple of lines, which was disappointing. I'd hoped to find out more about that era.

Anyway, Nostradamus is the focus of the chapter I've just started, so should start getting some juicy details as to why KK left soon.

_20190117_194101.JPG

Either Tim is very honest or Blabbermouth got Tim and KK confused due to the saturation of articles about former Judas Priest members lately.

Back