Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Ah, thanks — I didn’t have the ‘98 remaster. I threw out my old cd’s a long time ago when I converted my music library to mp3 but I think mine just had an extension of the cover art landscape on the back.
Yeah, it's only the '98 remaster that didn't have the extension of the main cover. All other releases have had it (and I think it's better that way, personally).

I don’t know how “cool” the following SiT patch is given it’s a screen print but I recall back patches for denim jackets/vests being in style when I was in high school.

View attachment 7982

Here’s an SSoaSS tour poster with art I hadn’t seem elsewhere.

View attachment 7983

I have both these pictures scanned in, in hi-res/very hi-res. I have the Seventh Son Tour guide book, but have not scanned it in yet. I have a slightly inferior version, but still great resolution. The Somewhere on Tour one is great, and of course I have that scanned in. If you want these pics pm me with your email, and I'll send them to you.

Brand new short interview with Derek Riggs. This not happens every day, right ? Btw, his laugh is very crazy, almost psycho-type..... :lol:

Last edited:
Additional artworks for TFF album, done by Melvyn Grant. - they look ''bloody'' weird.... :D

View attachment 7713
I Really like the center/ upper far right head. It seems like a fixed version of the goofy cartoonish version that was picked as the cover of TFF and . Appart from Eddie all the other elements (the ship wreckage, the skeletal crew) are quite nice. I would only replace Eddie with something developed from this face.

No, the main focus should be the tank!

The main focus should be on Eddie every time ! On DOD album cover (I like it) Eddie is a main focus and that is great - imagine if he was far back on monks place.....

So many people thinks the DOD album cover is awful (and even Riggs thinks that), but I think the concept/idea is very good, the final product not so good, but I like album covers with (a lot) details. And Maiden used the unfinished cover, if I'm not mistaken. These CGI graphics are meh though.

But hey, you have the tank on this tour poster too. :p Don't get me wrong, I also like the tank and the skeleton soldiers on the actual album cover, but the focus should be on Eddie IMO. Riggs also has said that in some interview about the AMOLAD cover. Maybe the actual cover would have been a very good back/second cover.... on the back of the CD.

Last edited:
The main focus should be on Eddie every time !

While I get the point, I think that AMOLAD cover delivers it's visual message a bit better with Eddie on the background. Then again, it would have worked well with Eddie in the front instead of that skeleton soldier too. But in general, while it's good to have Eddie always around, there's quite a lot of Maiden-related artwork from backdrops to album artwork where the overall atmosphere and landscape aren't necessarily improved by highlighting Eddie; the new SOTC backdrop is a fine example of that.

But yeah, as far as album covers go, Eddie is a huge part of that, but I think that AMOLAD is rather well executed departure from the very Eddie-centric trend.

it was used on a tshirt and to my knowledge it was never really used for a physical release of the promo single

Thanks for the info. The three covers together make a great looking comic book and looks really good together like the three singles from SSOASS album (the main concept was identical).

I really want the backdrop for SOTC live (from LOTB tour) to be released as a full artwork - such a genius piece of art. :blush:

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 57
Back