Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Interesting. I like the TFF cover, especially the bluish tones of the background and the round glass helmet. It looks to me like a HD remake of some 16-bit classic game scene. Sets the SF atmosphere but not too seriously. Those Riggs ideas are somewhat...contextual. Aliens are abducting people and Eddie is leading them. I'd expect a song at least vaguely on this trail to get the idea what's it all about.

I also think the actual TFF cover is good, like a page from comics - these sketches from Riggs are not that bad too, but I think his Eddie has more of an alien look like and that old classic face of Eddie. It is interesting from where he gets that idea of Eddie and aliens abducting people(the basic idea for the album cover was Eddie in space).... though, the car is totally unnecessary for this picture.

Well, I wish Derek Riggs to do again a album cover for Maiden.... (hopefully in the near future)

Last edited:
That's the alternative cover presented by Derek for the ARLO album. Here you have it without the titles

Attachments

• 09. Alternative Artwork for A Real Dead One.jpg
    09. Alternative Artwork for A Real Dead One.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 98
I've found this picture of Eddie from the ARLDO CD sleeve. Never seen it before ! It is a strange Eddie - though the names of the songs obstruct to look his face clearly.
(https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-A-Real-Live-Dead-One/release/1887775) | I assume the artist who had done this artwork is Derek Riggs. :S
It still has the mistake about where "2 Minutes to Midnight" was recorded (it was actually recorded at Grande Halle de la Villette, Paris, the same as "Wasting Love" on ARLO. ;)

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I'm not sure if this early version of 'Piece of Mind' was posted before, but here it is: Anybody who wants the original hi-res version, feel free to pm me with your email address.

Attachments

• Piece of Mind (rare prototye).jpg
    Piece of Mind (rare prototye).jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 81
Fan art of the DOD cover. It is not bad, it has that classic Eddie face like from the early albums covers and TWM/Rainmaker videos. Nice concept, but too simple... there is still room for development.

EDIT: the backdrop for DOD (the song) during TFF tour would also have been a good album cover.

1ae913f74474411fa35b21983ca24b8f.jpg

Last edited:
Some good pictures of Eddie which I thought would be interesting:

1- Moonchild fan art cover.
2- a some kind of a pirate Eddie, who looks awesome btw.
3- AMOLAD cover in action! (West Ham emblem is also there, on the tank)
4- alternative shaman TBOS Eddie (TFF Eddie's head is also there)
5- artwork from the early days (maybe it is a D.Riggs one).
6- Eddie is a guitarist, lol. (better than the official En Vivo! cover)
7- fantastic artwork which reminds me of the song BTATS.

And I've found this site which has a lot of pictures of Eddie, mostly new renditions (with a totally new feel and concept) of the original Maiden artworks - they are fantastic: :)))

https://www.deviantart.com/adityaresee/gallery/

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 68
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Some good pictures of Eddie which I thought would be interesting:

1- Moonchild fan art cover.
2- a some kind of a pirate Eddie, who looks awesome btw.
3- AMOLAD cover in action!
4- alternative shaman TBOS Eddie.
5- artwork from the early days (maybe it is a D.Riggs one).
6- Eddie is a guitarist, lol. (better than the official En Vivo! cover)
7- fantastic artwork which reminds me of the song BTATS.

And I've found this site which has a lot of good pictures of Eddie, mostly new renditions of the original Maiden artworks:

https://www.deviantart.com/adityaresee/gallery/

Not that mad these new Eddies, and I really really don't like/dislike the new Legacy of the Beast Eddies too. That Moonchild one is great and so is the AMOLAD cover as well.

This should have been the cover of ''From Here To Eternity'' single ! :okok:

Fun fact: the singles FHTE, WL and RF (live '85) are the only covers of singles where Eddie is missing.

2271c5fdd97dc57f31f92c1923013b18.1000x750x1.jpg

“The Wicker Man” too.

Oh yeah, but the single also have Eddie as a alternative cover that Maiden uses as a backdrop for the song live.

The other three already mentioned singles do not have that (well, RF has a Eddie cover for the original single release in 1980).

I don’t know how “cool” the following SiT patch is given it’s a screen print but I recall back patches for denim jackets/vests being in style when I was in high school.

9B807459-CC78-4DBD-8F64-EE8B169BC1D3.jpeg

Here’s an SSoaSS tour poster with art I hadn’t seem elsewhere.

CFF21B78-8A29-4D92-B279-587ABD130339.jpeg

It's actually on the back of the '98 remaster CD. Colors are a little more purplish but otherwise it's the same.

Ah, thanks — I didn’t have the ‘98 remaster. I threw out my old cd’s a long time ago when I converted my music library to mp3 but I think mine just had an extension of the cover art landscape on the back.

Back