Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Thanks for the update srfc!

I can only hope McBrain hadn't as much time as the other three guys you mention. Although he might be less interested to talk about Ward or Peart for example. Bonham is a hero of his and I guess Paice too, somewhat.

If you have the full list of 20 drums that would be cool.

I'll see who I can remember:

Paice, Ward, Bonham, Peart from Metal/Prog

then in order of how quickly I remember them

Moon, Ginger Baker, Ringo, Dave Grohl, some modern session guy that I can't remember his name I think they said he worked with Adele among others, Bob Marley's drummer, one of James Browns drummers, a session guy who player on a lot of rock n roll stuff I think his name may have been Earl Palmer or something like that, a session guy who played on 6,000 songs including the beach boys + paul simon, steve gadd, gene krupa, louie bellson, buddy rich was number one

edit: jeff porcaro
edit 2: the two I forgot were Billy Cobham and Lenny Kravitz drummer, there was also a funny part where the guy who was discussing the influence of Ian Paice was Liza Minelli's drummer!

Last edited:
I was expecting something cool from Bruce and nearly crashed my laptop for Stratton. Wowza.

A quote from this site, which lists the best albums of '88 drew my attention - https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-20-best-albums-of-1988

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Maiden’s eighth album, has eight tracks. Oh well. Confusing numerology aside, this is a metal masterpiece rated by many as the band’s best. An expansive concept piece with consistently high-quality songs, it spawned no fewer than four Top 10 hits and was a UK No.1. However, many of the band’s fans consider it to be Iron Maiden’s last great album, partly due to the fact that it was their last before guitarist Adrian Smith left.

What a fucking bullshits !!! :mad: These fans and journalists are totally crazy !

A quote from this site, which lists the best albums of '88 drew my attention - https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-20-best-albums-of-1988

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Maiden’s eighth album, has eight tracks. Oh well. Confusing numerology aside, this is a metal masterpiece rated by many as the band’s best. An expansive concept piece with consistently high-quality songs, it spawned no fewer than four Top 10 hits and was a UK No.1. However, many of the band’s fans consider it to be Iron Maiden’s last great album, partly due to the fact that it was their last before guitarist Adrian Smith left.

What a fucking bullshits !!! :mad: These fans and journalists are totally crazy !
It is. Until Brave New World.

It is. Until Brave New World.
Sorry, you forgot The X Factor. Novice mistake. :ok:

So many people absolutely hate everything Maiden released after 7th Son (and some even hate that album) that it boggles my mind. Sure, they sacrificed their metalness, but in turn became better, more mature songwriters, better able to craft together monstrously good songs.

Of course, some would argue that ‘mature’ is just another word for ‘boring’, but okay.

Sorry, you forgot The X Factor. Novice mistake. :ok:

So many people absolutely hate everything Maiden released after 7th Son (and some even hate that album) that it boggles my mind. Sure, they sacrificed their metalness, but in turn became better, more mature songwriters, better able to craft together monstrously good songs.

Of course, some would argue that ‘mature’ is just another word for ‘boring’, but okay.
Well, I acknowledge the genious of X Factor, but I just can't live with it's production. And production, for me, is at least 30% of album's value.

TXF’s production isn’t a work of art but hit a shocking amount of genius. I was listening to a couple songs on my dad’s car speakers, which are some top quality brand new productions, and it sounds so good. I like it. Fits the album’s feel and elevates it.

TXF’s production isn’t a work of art but hit a shocking amount of genius. I was listening to a couple songs on my dad’s car speakers, which are some top quality brand new productions, and it sounds so good. I like it. Fits the album’s feel and elevates it.
Not in my opinion. But we differ... so...

I still think that TXF would be an amazing album with a great producer.

Ding-dong, you are wrong!

:p
giphy.gif

Back