Bruce Dickinson

I get your point, and you are probably right. I understand the appetite for life. But all this looks quite frantic. I mean, the guy is litteraly touring the world to promote a book. I assume he doesn't neeed that to sell a few more copies, it is just the pleasure to speak to an audience. But will he tour to promote his record? Maybe I'm wrong, buyt I doubt it. You will say that a music show is more demanding than his conferences/talk shows. Right. But I wonder if he doesn't take as much pleasure in the talking than in the singing, which is quite puzzling to me. To me, monomaniac Harry is way easier to decipher, and, in some way, more rewarding to his fans.
I second you, Bruce doesn't think about his fans, he keeps doing what he likes to, that's the bad thing about being his fan...

I doubt Bruce would do any touring for his solo album (same as for Tyranny of Souls). He does not have a band and putting one together and getting it to sound like a well-oiled machine takes time, much more than doing a one-man promo tour.

He could always do a short festival tour like in 2002, but that would clash with Maiden's touring and we know that is his priority when it comes to music nowadays.
why not using Tribe of Gipsies? Or even Adrian?

Why cannot Maiden tour in the autumn or winter? Paul McCartney tours all the year round. Then BD will have the chance of touring in summer for festivals.

Bruce talks briefly about his solo album.
And the answer to the solo album [he refers to a possible question about a new solo album he mentioned at the start of the talk] is YES! I have got a solo album on the way. When? I have no clue. I've got to finish it, do it, do all the rest of it, but we are progressing very well

Well, I must say I cannot fucking wait. :clap::yey::nana: I expect Bruce to release his best solo album.

Last edited:
Mccartney is much older than Maiden. And he has no problems touring in winter.

Well, I will repeat it again as it seems my previous message was not clear enough: Iron Maiden DO NOT want to tour in winter because they have had enough of touring (and getting sick) during the winter months.

I second you, Bruce doesn't think about his fans, he keeps doing what he likes to, that's the bad thing about being his fan...
But if he didn’t do what he likes, we (the fans) wouldn’t be receiving the quality of what he puts out half as much. If the person isn’t into it, that shows in the music.

But if he didn’t do what he likes, we (the fans) wouldn’t be receiving the quality of what he puts out half as much. If the person isn’t into it, that shows in the music.
Reminds me of something Eddie Van Halen said sometime in the '90s. I don't have the interview to hand but it was something to the effect of "you can't try to second-guess your audience. If you get it wrong you're doubly fucked because you don't like it either!"

If Bruce was to do something against his own judgement because he thought that his fans would like it he would effectively have joined the cabaret circuit ...
:ahhh:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. He's certainly an institution in pop and rock, just like Maiden is an institution in metal. But McCartney doesn't tour nearly as aggressively as Maiden.
I know hehe. It was said tongue in cheek. If McCartney can do that and Maiden can't he must just be better than them :p

I've always thought of McCartney as a has-been. Not someone I'd ever want to see. Is he coming out with new material or is it nostalgia stuff?

He just released a new album and the song I heard from it wasn’t actually terrible. He seems to have married his style to the modern pop sound but did a good job doing it.

I've always thought of McCartney as a has-been. Not someone I'd ever want to see. Is he coming out with new material or is it nostalgia stuff?

He played 3 or 4 songs off his new album, which weren't too bad. He did play 39 songs (though 5 of them are just the medley from Sgt. Pepper so I don't think they really count).

I like the new McCartney album. I could do without the Imagine Dragons imitation, but there are only a few songs in that style. The back half has some great jamming.

Back