Proposed forum layout change

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Hi everyone, we have been discussing changing the forum layout, and this is what we've come up with, where ----> indicates a sub forum:

Iron Maiden
Maiden Chat
-->Make Your Own Setlist (new subforum for those shit setlist threads)
Solo / Side Project Discussion
Song and Album Commentaries
-->current sub folders
Other Music
Music Discussion
-->Musician Discussion
-->Tab Archive
General
General Discussion
Community
Forum Games
Can I Play With Madness?
-->Meaningless Polls (rename of current polls forum)
Trade Forum
Forum Help

I think this will help de-clutted Maiden Chat, we can put games on the main level and get all the smattering of games in one place, and also reduce the amount of stuff on the front page. That said, I'd love your input and thoughts!

I like it but I would put Shit Setlists and Meaningless Polls next to each other in Madness :D

And we're also not accepting Album Elimination threads etc into the Forum Games, that should remain in Madness too :p

While you're at it, I would suggest a Live Albums / DVD's / BluRay's subforum in the commentary section as well.

And we're also not accepting Album Elimination threads etc into the Forum Games, that should remain in Madness too :p
I think a greater discussion needs to happen regarding the future of games - but that's a different topic.

Iron Maiden
Maiden Chat
-->Make Your Own Setlist (new subforum for those shit setlist threads)
:yes:
I like it but I would put Shit Setlists and Meaningless Polls next to each other in Madness :D
Yes, hence "meaningless".
I approve of this mission.
:ok:

While you're at it, can you also ask Jon to add these emoticons?

blackmetal.gif

boodala.gif

brow.gif

clap.gif

deadhorse.gif
- this one will immediately be put to good use
drummer.gif

drummer2.gif

headbanger.gif

hysteria.gif

mhihi.gif

proud.gif

tongue.gif

Oh yeah, here’s something that would be beneficial, I think: letting everyone edit their own polls. Since non-mods host forum games sometimes, it would be helpful if even they can edit their things without the help of a moderator.

Oh yeah, here’s something that would be beneficial, I think: letting everyone edit their own polls. Since non-mods host forum games sometimes, it would be helpful if even they can edit their things without the help of a moderator.
I believe we tried to do this but the forum software doesn’t allow it. I think that’s at least partially why @Night Prowler and I were made moderators in the first place. I could be remembering wrong though.

Back