AC/DC

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/acdc-guitarist-malcolm-young-laid-11603632

I171128_135523_1709861oTextTRMRMMGLPICT000137481527o.jpg

Yes, I've read that. Quite incredible. It's the good move if they want to keep going, but it must be hard to swallow for Chris Slade. And I wonder what are Brian Johnson's real feelings towards Angus.

Personally, having seen Brian and Axl live, id prefer Axl singing for AC/DC he actually enjoys singing those songs and isn't just going through the motions which is how i felt when i saw them with Brian. Regardless I'll see them

Bit disappointed to see Chris Slade getting dropped (again), but the prospect of one more album is a tantalising one nonetheless.

Bit disappointed to see Chris Slade getting dropped (again), but the prospect of one more album is a tantalising one nonetheless.

Yeah do feel sorry for him, really like his drumming on the Donnington DVD I have and the Razor's edge album. But it will be good to hear some more songs from Angus and Brian, unlikely to add much to the legacy, but always nice to have a slightly larger back catalogue to delve into when the mood takes me.

Chris Slade was taylor made for AC/DC. Loved his drumming with them.

With Gary Moore, not so much...

I though there was a noticeable aging of the band from the Black Ice tour to the Rock of Bust tour, particularly Brian. I don't think getting Brian and Phil back will help in that regard.

I though there was a noticeable aging of the band from the Black Ice tour to the Rock of Bust tour, particularly Brian. I don't think getting Brian and Phil back will help in that regard.

I did not bother getting tickets for the Rock or Bust tour as I had already noticed the ageing on the Black Ice tour: sloppy playing from Angus, long breaks between songs... I would rather live with the memories of the times I saw them live (1996, 2001 and 2009).

That being said, if they insist on recording new material without Malcolm, their creative driving force according to many people, better to do that with most of the Back in Black line-up in place.

I hadn't ever seen them before Black Ice but saw two gigs on that tour, one indoor and one outdoor, both really excellent gigs, seeing angus outdoors spinning on his back 30 feet in the air in the pissings of rain playing Let There Be Rock is an all time iconic gig memory. I can only imagine how good they must have been in their heyday if they were already in decline at that stage.

The Rock or Bust gig was by no means a bad gig, but it was obvious that they weren't as able for the physicality anymore, even minor things like that Brian wasn't swinging out of the bell for Hells Bells.

I hadn't ever seen them before Black Ice but saw two gigs on that tour, one indoor and one outdoor, both really excellent gigs, seeing angus outdoors spinning on his back 30 feet in the air in the pissings of rain playing Let There Be Rock is an all time iconic gig memory. I can only imagine how good they must have been in their heyday if they were already in decline at that stage.

The Rock or Bust gig was by no means a bad gig, but it was obvious that they weren't as able for the physicality anymore, even minor things like that Brian wasn't swinging out of the bell for Hells Bells.

I saw them on Black Ice at Wembley, but I’d imagine that seeing them earlier at the NEC or a shed would be preferable. I’d consider seeing them again if Johno is back, even better with Phil too.

My guess is Axl & Slade may do the big tour.

That said you’d think Axl would have a break after touring non stop for a few years now. It’s a lot for a guy in his 50s and not exactly in great shape.

My my, what a tale:

Texas-based publication JAM Magazine has cited a "reliable source inside the AC/DC camp" as letting them know that Angus Young is working on a new AC/DC album that will be dedicated to his brother, the late Malcolm Young.

According to the site, the new recordings will include "Malcolm playing rhythm guitar on all tracks!"

A posting on the JAM Magazine Facebook page reads: "Turns out, five years prior to the 'Black Ice' LP, AC/DC's 15th studio release, Angus and Malcolm Young lived to together where they literally wrote hundreds of songs, many were recorded and have been stashed away until now. Angus has decided to selected the best tracks from those recordings that Malcolm played on and is now back in the studio recording and mixing them with fellow bandmates Phil Rudd, Cliff Williams and, yes, Brian Johnson on vocals."

Back