AC/DC

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by bearfan, Apr 15, 2014.

1. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

I had it on in the car this morning, only got about half way through.

Impressions:

The sound is fine, I'm not sure why I thought it was bad before, maybe I didn't play it loud enough, it's definitely way better sounding than Blow up your video or Fly on the Wall. I wouldn't want AC/DC to be sounding too different to this

Of the songs I heard it was very similar in standard to the albums that come after it, listenable yet not particularly great.

The sleazy lyrics were terrible, even allowing for it being AC/DC.

Burning Alive was starting to play when I got into the car park, and this sounded like it was going to be a good track.

2. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

I listened to Ballbreaker following our discussion the other day and I agree with you. It sounds much better than I remembered. I think the material is good AC/DC, but I might be biased as that was the album they were supporting when I saw them live for the first time.

Angus and Malcolm certainly are not good lyricists.

srfc likes this.
  3. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Burning Alive is cracker. As is Hail Ceasar. Ballbreakeray not be a Stone Wall Classic but its good enough, in my view.

4. ManuelMaiden95

ManuelMaiden95 Trooper

I think AC/DC last great album was For Those About to Rock.
    After that they've had some good songs but there isn't any album that I would say "you must listen to this from start to finish" or that is essential to their carreer.

I didn't like Rock or Bust, for me it was one of their weakest albums, but everyone's entitled to their opinions.

5. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

Rock or Bust, bar none, is their weakest.

6. Wogmidget

Wogmidget I rather like the restless nights

IMO Razor's Edge deserves to be counted as a great album, even if it was a bit top-heavy

srfc and GhostofCain like this.
  7. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

Agreed. I might overrate it a bit as it was the album that was out when I was getting into music, but most of the tracks are good, and even the ridiculous sleazy songs like Mistress for Christmas and Got you by the Balls are intersting musically.

Shot of Love is AC/DC''s Judas be my Guide.

Wogmidget and Vantage Point like this.
  8. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner