Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the set until the encores won't change because of the production and the story of the show. HBTN and RTTH will stay, so the only possible candidate left to change is TETMD. So we will se 1 song change at max next year IMO. It will probably be The Clairvoyant, if they decide to swap TETMD.

I doubt that HCW will ever be played again, because of the roadcrew.

Yup, I don't see them doing that anymore. And to be honest, I'm ok with that. It would be nice curiosity if they played something from SIT and it's a fun song and all, but from that album, I take Wasted Years over it and while I wouldn't mind hearing HCW, it's not really something I'd crave over most of the other classics, not to even mention other more or less rare songs they might play.

Yup, I don't see them doing that anymore. And to be honest, I'm ok with that. It would be nice curiosity if they played something from SIT and it's a fun song and all, but from that album, I take Wasted Years over it and while I wouldn't mind hearing HCW, it's not really something I'd crave over most of the other classics, not to even mention other more or less rare songs they might play.
+1

And Bruce could reuse the white costume from WED on SIASL playing a role of polar explorer if they decide to do it again. Add some dry ice smoke and a killer backdrop of arctic and voila, you have a nice production for the song.

I think someone said similar earlier on; I have never had a problem with the set at any Maiden show I have attended. My biggest gripe is Killers & Infinite Dreams on ME but I didn't see that tour (SHAME!!). Seein 2 Mins & Run To The Hills live was what actually made me appreciate those songs.
Like, I never, ever listen to Fear of the Dark by choice but I love it live. Love it. Same as Iron Maiden. Its convenient for me because I will always have to hear these songs at any gig I go to. Are they in my Top 10? Top 20? No. Still great craic for me in the live arena.
Im happy with every song on this tour, wouldn't swap any of them, especially TETMD. Delighted I've got to see it live again. All I would do is add Running Free and Brave New World. Then all would be well, wouldn't it?

Why do they even need anyone on stage? If there's one thing Iron Maiden audiences are good at it's copious amounts of Whoa Oh-ing :rolleyes:

Why not just use the actual roadcrew and people from backstage instead of fans from the audience for Heaven Can Wait?
Erm, because all guitar tech are doing preset switching for Jan, H and Dave? Because set carpenters are preparing the set for the next song? Because Charlie Charelsworth needs to be close to Nicko in case he breaks a drumhead?

The only way is that H sings the multiple backing vocals as an one man choir. He is capable of that, but won't show it, because he doesn't want to reveal his powers.

I think the only realistic change for next year is TETMD to The Clairvoyant. But even that is a little unlikely since it's not like they have to change the set around due to playing the same places again and I imagine they consider the former to be more of a classic than the latter. Given how the entire end of the set is dedicated to the usual suspects, I think Clairvoyant might feel a little out of place. I do think it might be a bit better though, since Bruce hasn't been very strong on TETMD for a long time now, but admittedly Clairvoyant is probably more demanding to sing so it might end up a wash anyway.

-- Bruce hasn't been very strong on TETMD for a long time now, but admittedly Clairvoyant is probably more demanding to sing so it might end up a wash anyway.

I think that TETMD has sounded pretty good during this and Maiden England tour. Yeah, it's not quite as energetic and aggresive as it was back in 99-01, but I think he puts much more emotion to the verses than in 2006-11 for example and the slower, closer to the album version approach works pretty well. Admittedly the song might be a bit worn out too though.

Here's a thought. Some think there could be a 3rd leg of LOTB, like Maiden England. They would probably hit some places in Europe they did not go to this time and revisit a couple others...like Greece. If so and they play Greece again, do you all think they might do the unthinkable? You know what I'm talking about...

I think the set until the encores won't change because of the production and the story of the show. HBTN and RTTH will stay, so the only possible candidate left to change is TETMD. So we will se 1 song change at max next year IMO. It will probably be The Clairvoyant, if they decide to swap TETMD.

If the guys said they wanted to do HCW again the road crew would have to manage like they did before, that's really all there is to it. (assuming they wanted to have the fans run out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back