Adrian Smith

Yes you're right. I am sure I saw a video of him warming up....may have been "A Day in the life of..." documentary, but not 100% positive.

Back in 2000-2001 he would use Trumpets of Jericho as the song to warm up his voice. Not sure which one he is using now, but it seems to be working great. :D

Would people be interested in doing a ranking of every song in Adrian's solo discography similar to what's going on with Bruce's solo work in this thread? If enough folks are up for it, I would be happy to run it.

My thought is that I'd include every album track and B-side from solo bands where Adrian wrote or co-wrote most of the songs, and then from collaborations where he only co-wrote a minority of songs I'd only include the songs that he actually co-wrote, and not the ones he only played on.

His Urchin work is a tough situation, because to my knowledge none of it had a wide release, but there's apparently quite a bit of it out there now, just in very limited release form. Since it's hard to dig up most of it, even on YouTube, I'm tempted to leave it out entirely and focus on A.S.A.P. and beyond. Let me know what you think.

The song list I'm considering using is in the spoiler tag below:

A.S.A.P. - Silver & Gold
  • The Lion
  • Silver And Gold
  • Down The Wire
  • You Could Be A King
  • After The Storm
  • Misunderstood
  • Kid Gone Astray
  • Fallen Heroes
  • Wishing Your Life Away
  • Blood On The Ocean
Psycho Motel - State Of Mind
  • Sins Of Your Father
  • World's On Fire
  • Psycho Motel
  • Western Shore
  • Rage
  • Killing Time
  • Time Is A Hunter
  • Money To Burn
  • City Of Light
  • Excuse Me
Psycho Motel - Welcome To The World
  • The Last Chain
  • A Quarter To Heaven
  • Rain
  • Believe
  • With You Again
  • Into The Black
  • No Loss To Me
  • Underground
  • Welcome To The World
  • Something Real
  • Innocence
  • I'm Alive
  • Hypocrisy
Primal Rock Rebellion - Awoken Broken
  • No Friendly Neighbour
  • No Place Like Home
  • I See Lights
  • Bright As A Fire
  • Savage World
  • Tortured Tone
  • White Sheet Robes
  • As Tears Come Falling From The Sky
  • Awoken Broken
  • Search For Bliss
  • Snake Ladders
  • Mirror And The Moon
Collaborations with Bruce Dickinson
  • Road To Hell
  • Welcome To The Pit
  • The Ghost Of Cain
  • Killing Floor
  • Machine Men
  • Return Of The King
Collaborations with Michael Kiske & Kai Hansen
  • The Calling
  • New Horizons
B-sides
  • Blood Brothers (A.S.A.P. version)
  • Fighting Man
  • When She's Gone
  • School Days
  • Last Goodbye
  • (Can't) Wait
  • Just Like A Woman
  • Scientist
  • Mooncusser

If you're interested, let me know if anything's missing or if you disagree with the choices.

Anyone else interested? We'll need a critical mass of votes for it to be worth anything...

I probably won't be taking part, but I think it would be fair to include Urchin. Also, for the sake of comprehensiveness, you might want to add The Untouchables.
You can find links to all those here.

I probably won't be taking part, but I think it would be fair to include Urchin. Also, for the sake of comprehensiveness, you might want to add The Untouchables.
You can find links to all those here.
Thanks for the links; I only had spotty luck trying to find that stuff on my own!

My issues with including tracks that were never formally released are that folks wouldn't have had a chance to hear them as much as the rest of the work, and because they're only demos or live versions they wouldn't really be on equal footing sonically with the other tracks.

I definitely wouldn't want to include live-only songs, but if folks thought it made sense, I could include "City Of Dreams" from The Untouchables and all of the studio tracks from Urchin that are readily available online. I suppose I could divide up the Urchin tracks based on the limited release album definitions on Wikipedia, but I don't know that all of those tracks are easily accessible.

Folks who are interested, let me know what you think about this.

I suppose I could divide up the Urchin tracks based on the limited release album definitions on Wikipedia, but I don't know that all of those tracks are easily accessible.

Folks who are interested, let me know what you think about this.

I have a couple of Urchin albums, so I would say those should be included. If I could get a copy, anyone can!

https://www.hrrecords.de/high_roller/sites/release_detail.php?id=126

https://www.hrrecords.de/high_roller/sites/release_detail.php?id=230

No need to get a copy even. Every single song on those two albums is on YouTube, with links on that list I posted earlier.

Oh, I didn't mean that at all. I'm completely with you on that. What I meant to say was that if someone wanted to hear Urchin, they wouldn't even have to bother to look for the albums and buy them, since everything is already on YouTube. In other words, there's no excuse for overlooking the band. :D

No excuse for overlooking them completely, but I generally find I appreciate stuff a lot more after I've bought the CD and listened to it a few times. Like with the White Spirit album - I heard it all on YouTube and thought okay, that sounds good. But after I got the CD and played it a few times in the car I thought actually, it's very good. But that may be just me, perhaps I'm a freak.

I'll clearly have to work harder at tracking down the Urchin stuff now - as I understood it before it had never been properly released so I hadn't bother to look too hard. Maybe it never got a CD release?

I'll clearly have to work harder at tracking down the Urchin stuff now - as I understood it before it had never been properly released so I hadn't bother to look too hard. Maybe it never got a CD release?

Check www.hrrecords.de. They did release the Urchin compilations of material I mentioned above and I think they still have copies in stock.

EDIT: It seems that they have High Roller on CD, but not Get Up and Get Out. Both are available in vinyl though.

Check www.hrrecords.de. They did release the Urchin compilations of material I mentioned above and I think they still have copies in stock.

EDIT: It seems that they have High Roller on CD, but not Get Up and Get Out. Both are available in vinyl though.
Thanks. I wound up ordering both just now on CD from eBay for a bit cheaper, though this underlines my original point that the albums had such a limited release that they're hard to come by. And it looks like the self-titled Urchin CD listed on Wikipedia wasn't even an official release.

Well, so far only two people have shown interest in doing the voting and countdown. I figure we'd need significantly more than that for the results to have any value, so please speak up if you're interested.

Back