Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about that. There haven’t been many opportunities for songs to be included. Maiden England and TBOS tours didnt really have room for AMOLAD.
yes, this is why they should begin with a tour for 'the greatest hits of the reunion'. All the 'non-history'/contemporary tours have so far been dominated by a most recent album. A set list full of songs from AMOLAD+BNW+DOD+TBOS+TFF would be great.

They now have enough material for that kind of a show.

1.The Wicker Man
2. Rainmaker
3. Speed of Light
4. Paschendale
5. Coming Home
6.The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
7. El Dorado
8. For the Greater Good of God
9. Blood Brothers
10. No More Lies
11. When the Wild Wind Blows
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

14. If Eternity Should Fail
15. Journeyman
16. Hallowed be Thy Name

Something like that would be amaze.

Last edited:
yes, this is why they should begin with a tour for 'the greatest hits of the reunion'. All the 'non-history'/contemporary tours have so far been dominated by a most recent album. A set list full of songs from AMOLAD+BNW+DOD+TBOS+TFF would be great.

Dude I wouldn't go to such a gig even if they paid me.

The 2010 setlist was a best of 2000s.

Maiden has finally reached the point where they've struck the perfect balance between old, new, classics, and rarities. Not just with this tour, TBOS was probably the best and most unpredictable album tour setlist since Brave New World. With the limited amount of time they have left, I'd rather them stick to the format of all-encompassing setlists rather than focusing on a specific era.

I'd rather them stick to the format of all-encompassing setlists
Agreed. If anything this tour's setlist has focuses too much on the 80s, although the initial press release was clear that would be the case. The two post 90s songs weren't the best selections in my opinion. I love 'The Wicker Man' but I feel it was too obvious a choice, and 'For the Greater Good of God' is not one of my favourite songs from its album - but of course they had to pick songs that fit with the church/religion theme. An "all-encompassing" setlist would be fantastic to get, but I suspect there are parts of the discography Steve doesn't want to revisit for whatever reason. It's the kind of thing that Dream Theater do at festivals and Blind Guardian do at their own shows, so it's certainly something Maiden could do. Mind you, Blind Guardian play for 2.5 hours and 30 minutes of that is the crowd singing 'Valhalla' acapella.

I know very little about Hellfest... is there supposed to be a Maiden stream somewhere and when would that be?

I know very little about Hellfest... is there supposed to be a Maiden stream somewhere and when would that be?

Going by their Twitter feed, no, at least no to Maiden. Only bands I could see being streamed today were Alice In Chains and Megadeth.

This is the only place where I see so much love for AMOLAD, to be honest it baffles me. I still remember my disappointment when it got out, and over time, it only slightly improved. It is in my bottom 5 albums of theirs.

This is the only place where I see so much love for AMOLAD, to be honest it baffles me. I still remember my disappointment when it got out, and over time, it only slightly improved. It is in my bottom 5 albums of theirs.

Yes, I have no idea why people simply love AMOLAD here.

Having said that, I would love to hear ANY of the songs live from AMOLAD over the "overplayed" songs. I'd take even Different World, which is probably the worst opening song they ever made, over TETMD on this tour, as example.

Thankfully I think there aren't any "overplayed" songs from that album, I guess they figured out that they don't flow well live. That being said, I would take about 7 other songs from AMOLAD rather than FTGGOG, which reminds me of TAATG with it's choruses, but I will take it just for the rarity sake.

I guess they figured out that they don't flow well live.
If so, why was it that they played the entire album live for a whole year on tour? If they felt the songs weren't working, they would've dropped quite a few across the shows. Not to mention the ones that returned for the 2010 leg of the Final Frontier Tour, and the inclusion of "FTGGOG" on this very tour. Besides, as far as I can tell, they're all very fond of the album.

Here??? It received widespread critical acclaim when it was released. Just check the reviews, all over. You'll struggle to find a bad one.
Like every other reunion album.
If so, why was it that they played the entire album live for a whole year on tour? If they felt the songs weren't working, they would've dropped quite a few across the shows.
I meant with other songs/albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back