Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I don't think they ever shortened that never ending intro on DOD.
So they shortened the intro on Revaluations and it never came to their minds that they need to shorten the intro on e.g. The Talisman!!???

Sorry, I should have said - additional intro on these songs when they have been played live... ;)

Nicko confirmed at the Rock N Roll Ribs party last December that they'll be in the US in 2019. Bruce said recently at one of his business talks in Brazil that they're in negotiations to come to Rock In Rio 2019- so I'd say yes. There are also some rumors of festival runs in Europe as well. Either way, they'll be touring next year on multiple continents.
Ed Force One to make a comeback?

Yup. Should OOTSP ever get played live again (it won't) I'd like to hear that intro though - I quite like it and find it as rather essential part of the song. I know that many don't feel it that way though. And yes, TAATG was shortened indeed. While I definitely agree that it was a good thing to do (same with the video/single edit), I think that the third verse should have been included somehow. While not Steve's finest work, I think the lyrics are far from being a weak point of the song and the I like the little "story" they carry on to the end. As I said, nothing too outstanding, but I don't consider them as bad lyrics in any way.

Back to the topic, Where Eagles Dare sounds very tight! It's actually pretty amazing, especially when you consider how some songs have been more or less sluggish on recent tours. Then again, the performances have been pretty outstanding thorough the tour now. I hope it's the same next year!

OOTSP is one of my favorite songs by Maiden and I also like the intro a lot - it is indeed a essential part of the song. :)
TAATG should have been 4 minute song - maybe they shortened it live, because it gets boring after all that repetition... not a bad song though !

Where Eagles Dare sounds fantastic - Bruce and Nicko really nailed it. Whit the current performances of the song, I started to like it more and more.

Last edited:
Hmmm I don't think they ever shortened that never ending intro on DOD.
So they shortened the intro on Revaluations and it never came to their minds that they need to shorten the intro on e.g. The Talisman!!???

I don't view that outstanding slower section of DOD as an intro: its a beautiful haunting 1st part of one of Maidens best songs ever. And btw, DOD album is every bit as good or better than SSOASS . 20%? Ha!

Angel and the gambler was originally toured as the interminable ten minute version but by the end of the Vxi tour it was about four minutes shorter

Reactions: Jer
Maybe Maiden should replace FTGGOG for the 2019 leg with Brave New World or Ghost Of The Navigator which are modern classics, or with a masterpiece like The Talisman (but this is one of the hardest songs for Bruce live) - if the crowd response to this song continues to be not so good.

Maybe Maiden should replace FTGGOG for the 2019 leg with Brave New World or Ghost Of The Navigator which are modern classics, or with a masterpiece like The Talisman (but this is one of the hardest songs for Bruce live) - if the crowd response to this song continues to be not so good.
FTGGOG is what makes the whole religion theme. It (& not the Revelations) is where the church stage shines.

I am quite sure that this setlist will not change, maybe except for TETMD.

Bruce's introduction on the Talinn performance is honestly the best introduction he's ever given anything. Unless he beat it in subsequent performances...

--it is a fantastic song with not so good performances by the band from what I have seen on YouTube.

I think that the performances have been pretty great, actually. Bruce really delivers the lines with a lot of weight and while it's not the most obvious crowd-pleaser, it's definitely very impressive live. While many undoubtly find it one of the weakest songs in the set, I'm pretty sure that many also find it very strong and evoking performance.

I am pretty sure there will be 0 changes to the setlist.

Also: it will be the first time ever they play an AMOLAD song in South America.

I think that the performances have been pretty great, actually. Bruce really delivers the lines with a lot of weight and while it's not the most obvious crowd-pleaser, it's definitely very impressive live. While many undoubtly find it one of the weakest songs in the set, I'm pretty sure that many also find it very strong and evoking performance.
I fully agree. FTGGOG is a song that takes very different reactions. Reactions, on the one hand, from the mainstream listener who wants to see more of the likes of FOTD HBTN 2MTM or Wratchild, and on the other, the listener who follows the albums carefully, judges the quality of songs in a long span of time regardless of how popular they are at a certain point, and enjoys those rarities when they appear in the concerts.

Yes, FTGGOG is clearly a fault-line, and I am sure the band is aware of that. They put it for the people of this forum, among others where the ones like us come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back