Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, he switches the pickups around 3:05 in the Wicker Man video. Most likely, there was something wrong with the bridge humbucker that he didn't like. But yeah, kinda overreaction.

Also, there's the commercial aspect - someone could think twice to buy a signature guitar that is smashed on stage by the artist himself.
It isn't. The guitar sounds fine until the end of the song. He also uses the same guitar for Icarus, TETMD and Hallowed in the same concert.

It isn't. The guitar sounds fine until the end of the song. He also uses the same guitar for Icarus, TETMD and Hallowed in the same concert.

It's possible, although except for TOAC I can't remember H switching to the neck pickup for solos.

Soundchecking Trooper.

They were probably just playing a recording from one of the previous shows on this tour so the sound engineer could tune the system to the room- aside from maybe the first gig on a new tour, the band hasn't done soundchecks for years. They did the same thing before the Tinley Park show in 2017, but with a recording of Children of the Damned.

resize

I got this pretty awesome Nordic tour t-shirt in Stockholm.

I think that was also a monitoring issue. There is nothing wrong with the guitar.

Considering how much of a perfectionist he is, I think he is rarely satisfyed with his in-ear sound, but if it's really really bad, he gets pissed like this. I remember in Ft. Lauderdale in 2016, he spent half of TBOS backstage, because he had trouble with his in-ears.

he was also wireless..... I was front and center at the barrier that show.... he did go back a lot

he was also wireless..... I was front and center at the barrier that show.... he did go back a lot
Yup. He has two packs. One reciever for In-ears and one sender for the guitar.

If he was going back a lot, it seems that he had problems with monitoring.

Apparently there are explanations of the clues in the latest IMFC magazine. Haven't gotten mine yet.

We'll see who was right. The blacksmith and mosquito are apparently pretty far fetched.

Someone said he had two green Jacksons this tour.

No clue why he would react like this. It's one thing if its your dedicated cheap, smashable guitar (confirmed example is Kirk Hammett of Metallica who'd switch his $6000 customshop instrument to a $400 copy for that segment of the show)... But it doesn't seem like Adrian Smith would play the available-to-the-public-SDX, does it? There's no marketing difference, no one can tell the difference - and there's certainly no economic reason for him to bring a cheap shitty guitar on tour over a Customshop.

Apparently there are explanations of the clues in the latest IMFC magazine. Haven't gotten mine yet.

We'll see who was right. The blacksmith and mosquito are apparently pretty far fetched.
They probably just made up excuses to cover up the fact that "We were seriously considering playing Duellists and Alexander The Great but then decided to just do the Wicker Man and Fear of the Dark again" would not go down very well as an official explanation :D

Reactions: Jer
Someone said he had two green Jacksons this tour.

No clue why he would react like this. It's one thing if its your dedicated cheap, smashable guitar (confirmed example is Kirk Hammett of Metallica who'd switch his $6000 customshop instrument to a $400 copy for that segment of the show)... But it doesn't seem like Adrian Smith would play the available-to-the-public-SDX, does it? There's no marketing difference, no one can tell the difference - and there's certainly no economic reason for him to bring a cheap shitty guitar on tour over a Customshop.

I said it and there are two. But the main one (2016 CS Green Jackson), has a heavily worn neck, while the other doesn't.

He dropped it, Sean tuned it and it was ready for FOI. Strats (or Strat-based guitars, shall we say) are workhorses, as demonstrated by a certain J. Gers every night.

They probably just made up excuses to cover up the fact that "We were seriously considering playing Duellists and Alexander The Great but then decided to just do the Wicker Man and Fear of the Dark again" would not go down very well as an official explanation :D

I think they came up with some shit that wasn't even logical, because they replaced some songs during rehearsals. I can't wait to see what they came up with.

Word from someone who has the mag on the IMFC board:

"For the blacksmith : "Messerschmitt - The name of the German designer of the ME109. His name translates as "Knife Smith", the swords are German Messers (long knives or short swords like the falchion). In the image there are ten Messers representing the 10 ME109s from Aces High."

For the mosquito : "Mosquito : Rod thought, wrongly, that there were Mosquito planes in the movie Where Eagles Dare. There aren't !"" Oh, Rod....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back