Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping for just one more deep cut after Flight of Icarus, my choice would have been Killers or SiaSL, but FtGGoG, SotC, WED, FoI, The Wicker Man, Aces High!?

This is a really great setlist and now I'm hyped for Birmingham in a few months. This will be only my second Maiden show ever after seeing them on The Final Frontier Tour in 2011.

Wow. Just peeped the setlist finally and I’m mostly surprised by Eagles and Icarus in there. POM gets a lot of action there. The only thing that disappoints me is the Fear/Beast/IM set closer triptych. After all these meaty breakouts they finish off with three of their most rote songs. Encore looks good though. Not as good as BOS encores but very solid. Hallowed!!!

WED, FoI, FtGGOG, SotC and Clansman make the tour a great one for me.

I don't have a problem with the classics either.

The only thing I have a problem with is the Aces High as opener. Even though the stage is really good, nothing original with aces high as a starter.

To me, Maiden should have diversified its live recordings a bit more: seriously, how many perfectly well-recorded live Aces Highs do we have so far?

AtG is the most requested or hyped up song on forums like this, but among the wider fanbase, people just want to hear Trooper, RTTH, FOTD, NOTB and Hallowed. I kind of wish they would put Alexander on just once, because I'm sure it would lose its "hidden gem" hype, as well as boring those who want the hits. Icarus is a big bonus to me, because I wouldn't have predicted they'd resurrect something like that. FTGGOG is another bonus, because I don't think there'll be much of the reunion era brought back in future, and it looked like the Blaze era songs were long forgotten.

You know, this is simply not true, at least here in Brazil. I don't know a single person that knows Maiden who doesn't know AtG, and who hasn't asked himself why they never played it live.

Most of its hype is because it was never played live before? Yes, sure, but you don't see that happening with Flash of the Blade, The Duellists, The Prophecy, Only The Good Die Young, and the list goes on.

Don't get me wrong: I'm thankful that Maiden is still around and it is one of their best setlists in 2 decades, but it is only considered good (in terms of variety) because we got used to the fact that we will listen to "more of the same", over and over again.

I'm seriously thinking about this being the third best Maiden setlist ever.

I wasn't alive for none of these five tours(born in 1989), but these setlists are their best in my opinion.

1.World Piece Tour
2.Beast on the Road Tour
3.Somewhere on Tour
4.Seventh Son Tour
5.World Slavery Tour

Honestly I think this might seriously be the best setlist they’ve ever had. Missing some songs like Rime but delivering on so many other levels.

I dunno about anyone else but I am unbelievably hyped for this.

I've only seen Maiden before on the first leg of TBOS world tour, meaning there's the following songs crossing over:

1 - The Trooper
2 - NOTB
3 - Iron Maiden
4 - Fear of the Dark
5 - Hallowed Be Thy Name

RTTH might be boring for people who've seen it before but I am unbelievably excited to hear it live for the first time. Same holds true for the likes of Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight and The Evil That Men Do.

The selection of deeper cuts is really cool too, and Flight of Icarus is one of my favourite Maiden songs.

If there were one song on this playlist is replace it would actually be Hallowed Be Thy Name but only because I dislike the phrasing changes in the live version. I kinda feel most of the songs that get played repeatedly are done so for a reason. At the very least, I remember how good The Trooper and Fear of the Dark were the first time and cannot wait to see them again.

So apparently FTGGOG got no reception at all with the crowd? This worries me can see them dropping it if that keeps happening

I think it'll be fine. They've done tours with ten songs in a row that get no reaction from the crowd. The casuals can handle one new song.

Bruce sounds amazing on all the videos I've seen and this is just the first concert of the tour. His best performance since TFF tour imo, I had doubts of him in WED and Aces High but holy shit did he make me eat my words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back