Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

We have a lovely heatwave starting tomorrow.
ZPUJoF9.jpg

onIA3e5.jpg
For one dreadful moment, I read the top line as blue temperatures Farenheit and red temperatures Celsius. Boiling hot weather.

Just reading a thread on reddit where people are talking about lousy workplaces and bad business practices. Most of the top posts are from U.S. (it's reddit after all). A lot of it is relatable, directly or indirectly, however two instances are nigh impossible here and elsewhere in Europe. A guy had to get his piss break approved each and every time in the call center, labor regulation here says you have 5 minute break per hour. A guy was trapped by non-competence contract entry for job outside of customer relations; that one breaks basic labor law premise that humans have right to perform labor per their legal qualifications. E.g if you went to business school and got business analyst diploma and you're working for company as an data analyst, that company cannot in any way stop you from working at the competing company 1 day after contract expiration, on the same position.

E.g if you went to business school and got business analyst diploma and you're working for company as an data analyst, that company cannot in any way stop you from working at the competing company 1 day after contract expiration, on the same position.
My contract (UK) has this sort of restriction. Never seen/heard it enforced & always believed it was unlawful though.

Probably. My previous contract had this, and I've had CEO e-mail coming in to me personally with nicely worded threats once he found out where I got employed the day after quit. The company was multinational, I just rechecked the issue with legal experts here and decided against sending "now how would you like to suck my balls" reply because as far as I should be concerned, I don't know what he's talking about. All the things I've signed in the contract do not carry any weight because they are outside the framework of labor laws. There are exact and structured pieces of information that are legally binding in the contract, like hours and pay, all rest is bogus.

So, no reply and no issue.

Btw. same thing with EULA in EU, those stupid texts software makes you scroll down and "agree" to. Essentially the only legally binding EULA constructs will be those perfectly aligned with the consumer laws and regulations. As with work contracts you'll be looking for just one or two things there - like permission to use inside business, everything else is garbage.

Back