Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

A guy had to get his piss break approved each and every time in the call center
I have a friend who works here in a call center and she has one 30-minute break and one 5-minute break for a 6 hour work day. And if she gets a call 1 minute before she clocks out and the phone call lasts 45 minutes, she isn't paid overtime.

Probably. My previous contract had this, and I've had CEO e-mail coming in to me personally with nicely worded threats once he found out where I got employed the day after quit. The company was multinational, I just rechecked the issue with legal experts here and decided against sending "now how would you like to suck my balls" reply because as far as I should be concerned, I don't know what he's talking about. All the things I've signed in the contract do not carry any weight because they are outside the framework of labor laws. There are exact and structured pieces of information that are legally binding in the contract, like hours and pay, all rest is bogus.

So, no reply and no issue.

Btw. same thing with EULA in EU, those stupid texts software makes you scroll down and "agree" to. Essentially the only legally binding EULA constructs will be those perfectly aligned with the consumer laws and regulations. As with work contracts you'll be looking for just one or two things there - like permission to use inside business, everything else is garbage.
A lot of not-exactly-legal stuff and loophole exploitation is creeping in here. I think you're right, it's come from multinationals who are copying some of the most extreme practices in American businesses, in the name of efficiency. Call centres are definitely the worst and not many of them are unionised. Very hard to do anything about it if you're not in an employment niche where your skills are in demand. Some parts of the public sector are big on trying to imitate the worst call centre practices too.

The exasperation and frustration is on my part, but the devastation and despair will come from the optimists. I will probably feel mostly apathy soon.

A lot of not-exactly-legal stuff and loophole exploitation is creeping in here. I think you're right, it's come from multinationals who are copying some of the most extreme practices in American businesses, in the name of efficiency. Call centres are definitely the worst and not many of them are unionised. Very hard to do anything about it if you're not in an employment niche where your skills are in demand. Some parts of the public sector are big on trying to imitate the worst call centre practices too.
I have a friend who works here in a call center and she has one 30-minute break and one 5-minute break for a 6 hour work day. And if she gets a call 1 minute before she clocks out and the phone call lasts 45 minutes, she isn't paid overtime.

People that do not fight for their rights are also a big part of the problem. The exploiters will always try to induce collective grief, "you know I'm unable to go to toilet when I want to, but other hundred are also unable, so I ain't being treated poorer than the others, and you know it's hard to get a job..."

On this image

aJV4lqmK0DhoNGa8FvdXx7cphXMQyg-1CV0EgxCjITY.jpg

Hunter S. Thompson looks completely like Johnny Depp portrayal of himself in Fear and Loathing with a Bruce Dickinson face on.

Forecast for this afternoon looks good. Nice warm weather, not too much wind. Landing practice coming up, and first time flying to a different airfield :cool:
I'm considering changing my user name to CriedWhenFlightWasCancelled :grumble:

Heat and wind combined eats away on performance and safety margins. Open ENRY with its 3km runway for GA traffic already, bastards!

Last edited:
People that do not fight for their rights are also a big part of the problem. The exploiters will always try to induce collective grief, "you know I'm unable to go to toilet when I want to, but other hundred are also unable, so I ain't being treated poorer than the others, and you know it's hard to get a job..."
It's gone out of fashion to do that. It used to happen in the past, now people are of the view that you man up, get a better job and screw everyone else.

Back