Ghost

Thoroughly impressed by the latest Ghost stuff. Not just the music, the packaging. Man, they get it. This isn't just music, it's a full entertainment package.

Thoroughly impressed by the latest Ghost stuff. Not just the music, the packaging. Man, they get it. This isn't just music, it's a full entertainment package.

Right? And yet the theatricality of it makes it so much more enjoyable than other recent artists that do these kinds of things (Manson, Zombie, etc.). I'd say this is the most inventive, fun hard rock entertainment package since Alice Cooper.

It is a fine line between cheesy/stupid and cheesy cool ... and they walk it really well. They have a sense of humor and have a good mix of taking themselves seriously (the music) and not seriously (the image). Add to that, the songs that have a good edge, but are catchy as hell and the melodies stick.

Easily one of my favorite "new" bands. Them and Maiden were such a good show, but I tend to doubt Ghost will be doing a whole lot of opening act gigs in the future. They are really taking off, I think hard rock really needed a band like this. Right band .. right time.

Well the song is ok. Nothing close to being stunned as I did when I first heard Square Hammer. Let's see what they got coming our way with this new album. Really enjoyed their offerings up to now.

I thought it was okay on first listen, started warming up to it by the 5th, and by the 10th listen I was in love with it.
Especially the outro.
That is the jam.
And, that video is frickin' glorious.
All hail.

I gave it a listen earlier and I'm not keen.

By the way, this Tobias Forge guy has come out and said he's the Papa Ghost guy after being outed by former members of Ghost. However, I am skeptical about this and think it's a ruse. Shadow (one of our Swedish forum members) hasn't been online in quite some time and Ghost seem to have been pretty busy. He even disappeared for a bit at Maiden's Oslo show in 2016 when Ghost were supporting. I wonder.... #justsayin #yaearthdogs

Papa III without makeup looks like Travolta.
Lol.
Announced major headlining arena shows in LA and New York this Fall. Sounds like these fellows are hitting the big time. Good for them. Check out the band's Facebook page, with a mobile phone video from a New York fan/promo event earlier this week. The actors portraying Papa Zero and Sister Imperator in the recent promo videos appeared live, in character, and they are hilarious.

Announced major headlining arena shows in LA and New York this Fall. Sounds like these fellows are hitting the big time. Good for them. Check out the band's Facebook page, with a mobile phone video from a New York fan/promo event earlier this week. The actors portraying Papa Zero and Sister Imperator in the recent promo videos appeared live, in character, and they are hilarious.

The promo videos are just great. My hope is there is a show in Dallas somewhere between the New York and LA dates.

I'm going to stop listening now, there'll be no surprises at all left for the album at this rate.

The new tour looks awesome, great new stage set and production and a really long two set show with an intermission. I hope they announce some European headline shows soon!

I genuinely think Ghost are the closest thing we have to a Maiden of this era and they're only going to get bigger.

I started following Ghost some time prior to the release of their second album, but it felt quite underwhelming (I mean the album) and I thought there's that much you can do around their gimmick. So I tuned out pretty quick. However, I randomly went back the check their newer stuff the other day and, damn, Meliora is great. I've also noticed how their shtick evolves, so it's not as boring as it seemed to me back in the day. Hoping for further changes in the future, because they need to keep it fresh. It would be very interesting to see them go beyond the antichristian thing at some point.

Can't wait for the new album. I looooove Rats, it's brilliant, and the overall medieval concept seems promising. The cover is freaking genius.

Back